Rapid Travel Ver 2.0 Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rapid Travel Ver 2.0 Update

After the accident, were the wings removed at a connecting point (unbolted...), or were they cut off with like a sawzal so the plane would fit inside the trailer. Is it considered a total loss, never to fly again...?

Here's a video of the plane in the trailer and an interview with the pilot http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-0921...0,646191.story

That news story replayed the accident 10 times in 2.20. Talk about obsessive compulsive behavior from the editor...
    Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 11-18-2010, 07:21 PM.

Comment

These are the pictures I took of the event. I sent a disk to George that has all of these on it. As it has been said....Frank took huge liberty. The east end of the stands started cheering because he was walking, albeit with help to the the ambulance. He heard the cheering and made the standing on the wing and waving comment because.....Well, that is Frank!

Dave

Btw...I showed these pics, on my camera to George in Parker's hanger not even 2 hours after, and I believe it was the first time he had seen any picture.

Comment

Great picture sequence and very educational for the rest of us Thunder Mustang owners. I can see how hard the impact of the spinner and engine pod planted in the dirt. Wing structure ending up almost intact was amazing.

Thanks for posting this

Cloudchaser

Comment

Dave: Thank you for putting these photos up! This is the only sequence we have seen that had any photos of George with the Emergency Response crew at the scene as they helped him off the field and into the Aid Unit. As a crew member I could not see any of this as it transpired and your amazing photos filled in the missing gaps. Once again thank you very much!

Comment

Dave

Are those the pilots legs, or right leg, (looks like a white flight suit), you see in this picture here: http://gallery.me.com/deltahotel#100...&bgcolor=black

and this one you can see his two feet in black shoes?

Nice sequence of photos. Way to keep the trigger down and firing.
            Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 12-02-2010, 09:47 PM.

Comment

yes those are georges legs and feet...between his knees seconds before was the radio stack....we are VERY lucky to have such a tough pilot!!
              Jim Adams
              Blue Thunder 2 crew
              Picabo race 51 crew
              Rapid Travel race 75 crew

Comment

As previously answered, yes, you can see George's legs and feet quite clearly.

I was very surprised to see how quick the wreck was on the video. I remember it happening quickly, though that video and then the still I have just reinforce how violent it was.

Glad to have the photos of him walking to the ambulance. It sure makes posting these pictures easier on the soul!

Any news on George's plans for the future? Is he done racing?

Thanks,

Dave

Comment

Has there been any investigation/finding on what broke? A friend and I (sitting in the main grandstand) both commented that the engine sounded "sour" coming by home pylon at the start of the mayday lap.

Comment

Working...
                  X