Attached Files

Comment

Re: Cosmic Winds

Wow.. thanks!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Great and historic photos. Any more from that era? How do you have them? Thank you for posting them!

Love the various airplanes in back of the racers, too. What airport would that have been? I know Lockheed was involved in the Cosmic Winds...

Neal

Comment

My Father flew Ballerina '48 NAR Cleveland. I think the group photos were taken in Van Nuys California , That is were they built some racers.
          Attached Files

Comment

THanks for sharing those, AiRick. Love seeing images from the Golden Age, and thereabouts. Great stuff. Hope there's more where those came from.

Cheers,
            Owen Ashurst
            Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
            http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Thanks. Im not sure how to post more photos. at 4 photos i have maxed out my storage space I guess? I have a lot of Shoestring photos from the 1940's I would like to share.
              Attached Files

Comment

You should have enough space for many more photos here on AAFO. I hope Wayne chimes in here. I think there would be great interest in anything you have. I know Randy Goss and I, at least, would be very interested in any Shoestring photos you have. That was another of the all time great racing aircraft.

Neal

Comment

Fantastic! The Cosmic Wind's were hands-down the sexiest of the Goodyear Trophy racers...incredibly elegant looking. A few years back one of them was in the same hangar as the B-17 Sally B over at Duxford. I was almost as excited to look at it as the B-17!

Neal is right...in the background of that first picture there is a P-63, a P-51, and two Navions...just enough to make me drool.

Comment

I think that I am downloading the photos to large?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                      Fantastic! The Cosmic Wind's were hands-down the sexiest of the Goodyear Trophy racers...incredibly elegant looking. A few years back one of them was in the same hangar as the B-17 Sally B over at Duxford. I was almost as excited to look at it as the B-17!

Neal is right...in the background of that first picture there is a P-63, a P-51, and two Navions...just enough to make me drool.
                      Not to mention the B-17 way in the back, great stuff!
                      "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

I think this might have been one of the first Cosmic Winds? My Aunt standing next to it From an E-Mail : This aircraft was "Little Toni" flew in 1947 Cleveland flown by Tony LeVier
                        Last edited by AiRick; 11-07-2010, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Another:

Comment

Originally posted by AiRick View Post
                            Thanks. Im not sure how to post more photos. at 4 photos i have maxed out my storage space I guess? I have a lot of Shoestring photos from the 1940's I would like to share.
                            Fixed your upload quota... file size is a bit large (not dimensions, just the quality saved might be a bit high) but keep em coming!!
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Here are some pix of a hangar find of a plane in progress (stopped.)
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020738.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	228120Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020737.JPG
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	228121Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020736.JPG
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	228122Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020735.JPG
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	228123

I was amazed at the "production like" quality of the parts; guess they came from Lockheed.

Comment

Working...
                              X