Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miss Ashley II

Good evening !

Is there anywhere a pic of the Miss Ashley II last scoop arrangement ?

Thanks beforehand !

Juke
    http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Juke View Post
      Good evening !

Is there anywhere a pic of the Miss Ashley II last scoop arrangement ?

Thanks beforehand !

Juke
      The little "site search" option on the left side of the main AAFO.COM page is our friend!

Reno Air Races: "Learstang" Miss Ashley II: New Sponsor Name- New Scoop- More SPEED!

links to a story leading up to the "sex change" scoop...

Reno Air Races: "Learstang" Miss Ashley II: NACA Duct= The Scoop On The Scoop!

links to the changed airplane.... Pix are kind of small, I'd have to find the transparancies to get them up any bigger....
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

when I think about some of the projects underway... P-61, P-82s, , Sabre Tempest,

P-61 ????????? Sabre Tempest ???????? Isn't the Tempest that Nelson Ezell is rebuilding a Centaurus version, or are you referring to a different Tempest project ???

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
          The little "site search" option on the left side of the main AAFO.COM page is our friend!

Reno Air Races: "Learstang" Miss Ashley II: New Sponsor Name- New Scoop- More SPEED!

links to a story leading up to the "sex change" scoop...

Reno Air Races: "Learstang" Miss Ashley II: NACA Duct= The Scoop On The Scoop!

links to the changed airplane.... Pix are kind of small, I'd have to find the transparancies to get them up any bigger....
          Awesome thanks !
          http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Unlimited Fan View Post
            when I think about some of the projects underway... P-61, P-82s, , Sabre Tempest,

P-61 ????????? Sabre Tempest ???????? Isn't the Tempest that Nelson Ezell is rebuilding a Centaurus version, or are you referring to a different Tempest project ???
            There is a museum up north restoring a P-61 Black Widow to fly. Nelson's Tempest is a Centaurus bird. It's HA586, ex-RAF MW763.

Comment

Originally posted by Unlimited Fan View Post

Hello,

The P-61 I referred to is being restored to flight status by the Mid-Atlantic Aviation Museum in Reading, PA. http://www.maam.org/p61.html

Here is a picture from their site taken in 2010:

I was indeed referring to a Sabre-porwed Tempest and not one of the Centaurus-powered projects that are being restored (Nelson Ezell and Chris Miller are both working on Centaurus-powered projects, there may be others).

Kermit Weeks is having a Sabre-powered Tempest restored in England. It is a long-term project. He has two Sabre engines for the project and is trying to make one good engine out of the two. It is an uphill struggle. Here is a 2010 update on that project: http://blog.kermitweeks.com/?p=1337 and a picture (also from Weeks' blog):
              Last edited by W J Pearce; 11-10-2012, 10:03 AM.
              Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
              Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

WOW !!!! Both of those projects just amaze me !!! Thanks much for the info gents !!!! Sorry to hijack the thread, Wayne.

Comment

So what about the MAII clone in Texas? Certainly someone must have an i-phone picture of it or something?!!

Race 29
                  Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Working...
                  X