IMAX Film Crew at Air Races

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMAX Film Crew at Air Races

Was talking to a member of a film crew in the pits on Saturday night. Said they are making a movie on Air Racing and that it will be released sometime in the summer of 2011 in IMAX theaters. My understanding it is not a movie with a plot/story, but a documentary. Should be good.
    Brian

Re: IMAX Film Crew at Air Races

I"m sure its the same crew that was out in force filming in 2009 too...only this year the vests were blue instead of chartruse.

Comment

Jim,

You are correct. They sill have air to air sequences to shoot, as well as more in depth interviews with the pilots and crews.

We have an interview with one of the producers that you will see in the coming weeks on their progress and what the production is about. Watch the message board here as well as our LiveAirShowTV YouTube page.

Jeff Lee
      President
      LiveAirShowTV

Comment

Looked to me like they were also shooting in 3D... Man, I SO hope it makes it out to the theaters.
        Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
        My Photos
        My Ride

Comment

Seems like an easy way to get footage. You don't need to build any sets or props. All the equipment/race machines are right there. All you have to do is film them.

Comment

Hmmmmm....so mount an Imax 3D camera on the top of pylon 8 and 'encourage' Rick Vandam to fly by in American Spirit a couple of times.

Wonder if that would be any more impressive than it already is.....

Comment

Better yet, put the 3D camera IN American Spirit for a race.

Comment

Look at the video quality from an onboard camera attached to a remote controlled helicopter, pretty amazing. Movie industry quality stuff.

Walter Colby Productions offering professional video production

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                  Hmmmmm....so mount an Imax 3D camera on the top of pylon 8 and 'encourage' Rick Vandam to fly by in American Spirit a couple of times.
                  Don't you mean "Rick Van Damme"? That's what I heard the announcers say.

**admin edit: removed copyrighted image**

Comment

[QUOTE=Randy Haskin;83505]Don't you mean "Rick Van Damme"? That's what I heard the announcers say.

Yeah, you heard me say it too...

Wham, Bam, thank you Van Damme!

Comment

Narrated by Paul Walker, Air Racers 3D takes you into Nevada's Valley of Speed for a breathtaking exploration of the fastest race in the world combined with spectacular air show entertainment: the legendary Reno National Championship Air Races.

Comment

I talked to the film crew including the director. They said that the movie would be out in 2012. They also said there might be some kind of first showing during race week.

Comment

Working...
                        X