Rare Bear Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Bear Video

You guys want to see some of the footage that I shot for Rare Bear last month? I've managed to figure out how to get it onto my computer (no capture card but the camera will record from the tape to a memory stick, pretty cool but sort of choppy)

If yer interested in seeing it, I'll get it whipped up over the next few days if I don't get bashed for time..

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

video

Now THAT'S a dumb question Wayne!

I've got an off topic question for you. In your last potw with Rare Bear, did you take any more looking down at her a little more to the northwest?
    My new place is just over the ridge, near the saddle where the T-6's used to enter and I was hoping for a pic where I could "see my house from here"!
    Sure looking forward to Reno this year. First year since 1975 I hav'nt camped!
    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Let me see...eat, or watch air race video...sleep, or watch air race video...OF COURSE we'd like to see it!

Thanks for the offer and the effort.

Comment

LOL... figured that would get you guys goin...

Media presentation of the Air Racing airplane Rare Bear in flight air to air.

It's a bit rough, the air was rough and we were very pressed for time. The mission was not to get really smooth zooms and such, it was intended to be edited and we very much needed something in the area of 10 to 30 seconds of fairly smooth action. Despite the shakey look of the video (largely due to the MPG compression from the camera) we managed to get some pretty good stuff!

Out of just less than two minutes of video shooting time and about an equal amount of still time before we called "break" to end our half of the mission, I managed to sneak in about 5 seconds of looking at the airplane with the naked eye.. WOW... really impressive!

In reality, on these "missions" the shooter gets about the same opportunity to see the airplane as those who view the images.. there is just not enough time to "gawk" at the airplane and time spent with the camera not to the face is unforgivable... *snif*

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Bear Video

Thanks Wayne!

.......I wonder how fast she will be

when they they get that prop to turn steadyand fast!

(my old wind-up computer could only do a slow dial-up, low res
          video,in wich the prop appears to be stuttering around)

Thanks again for feeding our adictions!
          Mayday51
          Jim Gallagher

Comment

wow!

Thank you Wayne!!!! I had to sit down after that. She sure is puurrrrty in the air!

The dry lake she's over in the last shots is where the new digs are. Had a choice to go to Salinas, L.A. or Reno with this job. No brainer......

Getting there the week before PRS, so tho I'll be too busy to attend much, I'll hear and see some.

Feel like a kid over this all!

Thanks for the boost today and GO BEAR!!!!!
            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Re: Bear Video

Originally posted by mayday51
              (my old wind-up computer could only do a slow dial-up, low res
              video,in wich the prop appears to be stuttering around)

Thanks again for feeding our adictions!
              LOL Mayday... The prop will stutter on all of the clips.. unfortunately..

What happens is.. When I shot the original footage, I did not set the camcorder shutter speed to really slow, so there is some noticable "motion" in the original.. meaning, it is less than a full disk blur.. A couple reasons for this.. one.. (the big one) I could not find *where* to set it down on the damn thing...

Two, with the choppy air, it might have caused problems anyway... That being said.. When the MPG capture is done, it does not capture full frame rate, so, the action is slighty choppy.. this makes the prop "stop" and go in all the different positions. It's quite hard to get it not to do this with video captures, because it's very hard to do full frame rate video captures and keep the bandwidth and quality within reason..

You might want to download the mpg version just to see it, it's much better than either of the Real versions.

Glad you enjoyed it anyway!

Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: wow!

Originally posted by Leo
                Thank you Wayne!!!! I had to sit down after that. She sure is puurrrrty in the air!

The dry lake she's over in the last shots is where the new digs are. Had a choice to go to Salinas, L.A. or Reno with this job. No brainer......

Getting there the week before PRS, so tho I'll be too busy to attend much, I'll hear and see some.

Feel like a kid over this all!

Thanks for the boost today and GO BEAR!!!!!
                Leo... I'm jealous! It's been years since I lived in Reno, I *almost* moved there when I moved back to Portland from KFalls... Some pretty important health things, mean I need to stay close to the doc's that keep an eye on them for me.. So... I moved back up here..

Now you got it made buddy!!

You'll love it there, once your body adjusts to the climate.. I would STRONGLY suggest becoming a good friend with your bottles of sun screen though.. Take a look at long time Nevada residents and you'll see a common "look" that you can avoid.. The combo of dry air and high altitude sun exposure is a skin killer..

PM me your phone number so we can hook up in June..

Wayne
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

SuperHero

is that one word

You are my SuperHero!

way to go Wayne, you've done it again, Ladd Gardiner interview, and now Bear video,
                  what an increadible life you share

Thank You!

Comment

Re: SuperHero

Originally posted by Mayo
                    is that one word

You are my SuperHero!

way to go Wayne, you've done it again, Ladd Gardiner interview, and now Bear video,
                    what an increadible life you share

Thank You!
                    Aww shucks It's funny really... In viewing the tape, I realize exactly how little of what's going on that I get to see, when it's going on.. So much of doing something like an air to air session is preparation, setting up, making sure all the loose ends are going to come together, then it's "launch, freeze (this time) and shoot" I was not kidding when I wrote that I allowed myself only a few seconds of looking at the airplane without it being through the viewfinder... Shooting vid and stills in the same abbreviated session scared the heck out of me to be truthful. John had made the point that he could not loiter for long and we did need to get the third John.. (John Penney, John Parker and John Tyson) up for his video session for the local news..

Anyway.. Glad ya liked it. It WAS fun doing it.. even though, it is almost a blur when it is actually happening because of the adrenalin and "get it done itus" ..

Oh yea.. not to mention (I'm not complaining!) my trick back had gone out the day before the shoot and I could barely walk... funny.. didn't feel a thing up to the shoot, during and right after.. amazing pain killer excitement!!!!

Thanks!

Wayne
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Downloaded all 25 meg and it only took 5 minutes...woohoo! I love satellite internet.

The sound at takeoff made the hair on my head standup. I can't wait for September. I better go buy a few more t-shirts to make sure the Bear makes it to the show.

Thanks, Wayne! Go Bear!

Don

Comment

Originally posted by hattend
                        Downloaded all 25 meg and it only took 5 minutes...woohoo! I love satellite internet.

The sound at takeoff made the hair on my head standup. I can't wait for September. I better go buy a few more t-shirts to make sure the Bear makes it to the show.

Thanks, Wayne! Go Bear!

Don
                        Hey... my pleasure!!

Yea baby!!! GO BUY THEM SHIRTS!! $$ are STILL needed for that insurance premium and fuel for PRS.. it's a day-by-day thing for the team.. here... I'll make it easy for ya's..

That'll open up the order pages

Wayne
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

WOW!

Wow Don,

The store software cc's me on order confirms to ensure it's workin proper... geez!!! You and da little lady are gonna be ALL decked out come this Sept!!!

Nice man..... really, really nice!

Word-Up... Sharon's brother got in a really bad car accident the other day, so she's been tied up at the hospital. She's got internet access and will be checking her mail, but the order might take a day or two longer than usual to get out to ya's..

But I can speak for the team, when I see orders like that one come through... it warms my heart!

This is an "experiment" seeing if a team can make it with the major sponsor being their fans...

Keep up the good work!!

They will make it!

Wayne
                          Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Bought some team shirts for my friends in my box. Hope it helps.

I'm still recovering from tax day and will be buying a 2003 Fan Sponsor Gold membership for my fiance. Probably in the next couple of weeks (have to wait for another payday!).

Buy shirts/hats/anything else, people! Lets get the Bear to the show...it's been a long enough wait.

Don

PS: Not a problem on the shipping delay. We've got until September.

Comment

Don, that's the spirit! They will make it this year.. With a little luck, we're gonna see a good race between them and "The Dago".. I only wish Tige could be there to fill out the field..

It's gonna be really interesting.. From what we can see so far.. It's gonna be one "super pony" up against a veritable "bevy" of strong round motor airplanes!

Dago versus...

Rare Bear
                              Sept. Fury
                              Critical Mass
                              Dreadnaught-(maybe)
                              Furias-(WHO knows what they've been up to in Boeingland over the winter... I know Bill's a RACER and I fully expect to see that airplane be a force at some point... this year??? Could be!)

That's a lot of roundies pushing one poor little PonyPowered Mouser!

No question.. it should be a very interesting year!

Wayne
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X