Gold Cancelled to winds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gold Cancelled to winds

One thing to remember is that although the finals are run on the third weekend, the planes, pilots, and most crews have to be there on the second weekend. If the finals were moved back to the second weekend, then the arrivals, and setup would fall on a holiday weekend. That's probably not the best scenario with hotels etc.

Comment

Qualifying, at least in recent years always starts the Monday after Labor Day, so when Labor Day is late, then the races get pushed back a week. The way it is set up now the earliest the finals will ever be is the 14th.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfee View Post
        I did... As easy going as the F-16 guys were, there was defenetly tension, and one of the F-16s had to be parked (mech issues? fule? I don't know) But there was a private talk between the pilot(s) and Mike H about it shortly after he shut down.

I would be willing to say that it was not a nice convo.
        What was the problem? Were they sitting still with there motors running too long...? Were the pilots or their engines overheating, fuel leaking...?
        Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 09-28-2010, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfee View Post
          The jet gold did their run up early, and sat at the warm up area for quite a long time. This in its self had race control up in arms. Then they were cleared for take off (early), and this made race control even more mad. I remember hearing race control over the radio saying "this is not good" a couple of times.
          Wolfee
          Were the jet class pilots or race control folks mad because they are sitting there motionless while burning fuel and putting time on their motors all costing them $$$?

Do the jets overheat when on the ground at idle power?

Comment

Races are traditionally held during the first full week after Labor Day weekend. So, as the calendar progresses they are held at a later date each year until the calendar turns over and we reset.

So, 2011 will be 15-18, in 2012 it will be 12-16, then move forward one numerical date each year until it turns over again.

Assuming the FAA, BLM, et al, don't shut it down in the mean time
            Owen Ashurst
            Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
            http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Working...
            X