kudos to RARA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kudos to RARA

RARA gets a big thumbs up this year for the Poeple Movers that they have employed.....
    A tractor pulling 20 passenger trailers now take people from one end of the grounds to the other. they had four or five in service..

Very good considering the number of elderley people in attendance....

I witness one old fella being offered a ride.."anywhere you need to go" by a golf cart.....

And I saw lots of people being moved around....nice job!

Re: kudos to RARA

Salute BUD

Comment

I too would have to agree the people movers were a great idea! They have been using them for years in Oshkosh and they work very well for transporting all types of people.

Another great idea was the i phone app that could be used to get race results. It's nice to see RARA thinking outside the box and making improvements.

Comment

Perhaps RARA's continued attendance at Oshkosh is giving them some ideas. EAA had a smart phone app this year that was good for Blackberry and Iphones, would like to see RARA support Blackberry next year.

another idea RARA might look into is a daily newsletter, like Airventure Today. Recap the action from the previous day AND the overnight pit activity and have it available at the gates in the morning. Even a single sheet with racer status would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by glider90 View Post
          another idea RARA might look into is a daily newsletter, like Airventure Today. Recap the action from the previous day AND the overnight pit activity and have it available at the gates in the morning. Even a single sheet with racer status would be appreciated.
          Not to pour cold water on what I see as otherwise a great idea, but imagine if you will the sight of 20,000 sheets of newsprint blowing north west at 20, gusting to 35...

Comment

Luckily they would be in California in no time
            Good point, Reno trash control and winds are a different story than Oshkosh. Perhaps a few information kiosks with large print versions posted on a large bulletin board then.

Comment

That's a great idea but I would like to see it in the form of a few big screen monitors. They could have it cycle through racer updates, schedules and live video. Put a set in the pits, behind the stands and in the static area. The equipment could be rented and/or sponsored (Best Buy maybe?). It would also give RARA some more advertising revenue opportunities.
              Sky Critter

Comment

They had update screens one year in the pits. It was a great idea and I never seen it again. I can't remember the year but seem to think it was a year they were doing some filming for a movie during race week. Might even of been before Mike was in charge.

I would like to see them brought back again. I think they may have borrowed or rented them from NASCAR!

Comment

Did anybody think there was way too much vehicle traffic (not including the OSH type people train, a great improvement) behind the grandstands and down towards the static display area? I understand the traffic in the pits, necessary for the racers, and maybe some of the vehicles I'm talking about were from the jet teams, but it just seemed like most of them were vendors or others that I should think could find a better way to do their thing without almost running over spectators.

Ron
                  Ron Henning

Comment

Working...
                  X