Hey Randy Goss...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Randy Goss...

Hey Goss -- You know a lot about T-6s. Whose is this nice clean airplane - with machine gun and bomb even?

Seriously, have a good time at Minter! I have many very good memories of the Warbird shows there over the years. If you see Hevle or Van Fossen there, tell them we said Hi...

Neal

Oops -- clicked the wrong picture, I think... Try again.
    Attached Files

Comment

Really pretty bird -- looks a little odd with no Reno records on the side!
      Attached Files

Comment

Quiz

Randy -- Do you think anybody besides you and me can identify the year and the event??

It was a really good time... Neal
        Attached Files

Comment

I would guess either Bakersfield in 85 or one of the Mojave races

Comment

Bakersfield

What was the Bakersfield and if you were there how was it?

Comment

there was one air race there in 85 - before I got into racing, but I've heard good things

Comment

So far no joy -- Sorry guys. There was no T-6 racing at Bakersfield, and this shot was taken 15 years after the last Mojave Race. Any more guesses?

Wingman

Comment

I was at the Minter Field Unlimited Air Races back in '85 and I don't recall any T-6 racing. There was a good showing of the Unlimiteds though.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wingman
                    So far no joy -- Sorry guys. There was no T-6 racing at Bakersfield, and this shot was taken 15 years after the last Mojave Race. Any more guesses?

Wingman
                    Neal,

didn't you guys have one up in Canada one year.... name escapes me.. or am I having a flashback

Wayne
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Ontario???

Wayne
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Yeah, there was a Race in the mid 80s in Moose Jaw Saskatchewan. (It was sponsored by Labatt Breweries, so the beer was plentiful and good!) Skip Holm won, and then set the course record in Dave Zeuschel"s Sabre. (The Unlimited course record was set by Rick Brickert in Dago Red.) It was also the only time I ever saw an F-101 Voodoo fly -- one noisy puppy, as I recall! Another good time had by the few who were there...

But, still no joy -- Moose Jaw was also Unlimiteds only.

Wayne -- you should be able to get this one, as it happened only a three hour drive from Portland!

Wingman

Comment

Aww man.. yer jinglin my dingleberries!

I know the answer... vaguely anyway.... problem is remembering where it was...

You and I have talked about this one and it's just "senior momenting" away from me!

Well... let's let some of these "whippersnappers" with good memories chime back in here.. you just gave a huge clue.. if anyone remembers where in the world I'm located...

Nice riddle!

Wayne
                          Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

My memory jingleberries are waking up... or maybe, another flashback.... Terrain looks a lot like the Bend area.. didn't the T-6'ers have an event back that way a few years ago... either Bend or Redmond... Bah...

I can't remember, even though, I know you and I have talked about this very race...

Gotta get you writin man... !

Wayne
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

"Central Oregon Champion
                              Redmond, Oregon
                              Gold Race, first place at 219.610 mph."

Scotty G
                              Scotty G

Comment

Working...