Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Rapid Travel Ver 2.0 Update

  1. #1

    Talking Rapid Travel Ver 2.0 Update

    With about 16 days until fly-ins begin at Stead Field, Rapid Travel Ver 2.0 Super Sport Race 75 is ready to go! New MT Propellor, New paint, New canopy and new engine mods Pilot and crew have been working hard to make this year our best! See recent test flight with new prop at
    Thun Field August 5th.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7cduai2kEE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2162.jpg 
Views:	557 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	15615   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2154.jpg 
Views:	575 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	15616   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2164.jpg 
Views:	644 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	15617  
    Last edited by Thomas Giboney; 08-26-2010 at 06:42 PM. Reason: to add photos of new prop

  2. #2

    Default Re: Rapid Travel Ver 2.0 Update

    I hope this is the year for this one!!

    Just a thought. I wonder which prop is better, rapids 4 blade or BT2's 3 blade?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    San Mateo, CA
    Posts
    907

    Default Re: Rapid Travel Ver 2.0 Update

    Whether the work was done as a homage to some of the great racers, or in chasing the speed potential of the airplane, or, I suspect, a little of both, I salute you for your efforts, and thank you for what you've done.
    As an airplane nut, a fan, and a crew member, I've just to say I LOVE IT, and best of luck on a successful year.

    Good hunting,
    Paul

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Marcos, CA
    Posts
    674

    Default Re: Rapid Travel Ver 2.0 Update

    Dang! I'm havin' a tough enough time catching you guys roundin' the sticks now, as evidenced by the attached! Now it's REALLY gonna be a challenge!

    Go Get 'Em Guys!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_6809.jpg 
Views:	473 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	15618   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_6814.jpg 
Views:	462 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	15619  
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    Owner - AIR BOSS ONE
    San Diego CA
    http://airbossone.com

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Pine Grove, CA
    Posts
    458

    Default Re: Rapid Travel Ver 2.0 Update

    Quote Originally Posted by Air Judge View Post
    Dang! I'm havin' a tough enough time catching you guys roundin' the sticks now, as evidenced by the attached! Now it's REALLY gonna be a challenge!

    Go Get 'Em Guys!

    Agreed!!! I thought you all were super fast at PRS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4610.JPG 
Views:	464 
Size:	260.0 KB 
ID:	15620  

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,873

    Default Re: Rapid Travel Ver 2.0 Update

    Quote Originally Posted by Apteryx View Post
    Whether the work was done as a homage to some of the great racers, or in chasing the speed potential of the airplane, or, I suspect, a little of both, I salute you for your efforts, and thank you for what you've done.
    As an airplane nut, a fan, and a crew member, I've just to say I LOVE IT, and best of luck on a successful year.

    Good hunting,
    Paul
    That pretty much sums it up. Good luck this year!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,873

    Default Re: Rapid Travel Ver 2.0 Update

    Quote Originally Posted by 4banginfocus03 View Post
    I hope this is the year for this one!!

    Just a thought. I wonder which prop is better, rapids 4 blade or BT2's 3 blade?
    I assume they think the four blade is better, or it would probably have a three blade on it. That is not the "stock" Thunder Mustang four blade that is on it now. Look at the blade profile.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Rapid Travel Ver 2.0 Update

    That's a real beauty for sure, nicely done. Anyone know what kind of approximate HP the engines are putting out?

    Thanks and good luck to this team at Reno.

    Dennis Vest

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Van Nuys Calif
    Posts
    147

    Default Re: Rapid Travel Ver 2.0 Update

    Just a thought. I wonder which prop is better, rapids 4 blade or BT2's 3 blade?[/QUOTE]

    George really wanted to keep the P-51 look intact while improving on the performance so opted to test a better 4 blade. I like his choice and I hope it does all he's expecting and more. His early testing already shows much improvement.
    Go George, happy racing awaits.

    Solo ( Cloudchaser )

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •