Rapid Travel Ver 2.0 Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapid Travel Ver 2.0 Update

With about 16 days until fly-ins begin at Stead Field, Rapid Travel Ver 2.0 Super Sport Race 75 is ready to go! New MT Propellor, New paint, New canopy and new engine mods Pilot and crew have been working hard to make this year our best! See recent test flight with new prop at
    Thun Field August 5th.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Thomas Giboney; 08-26-2010, 05:42 PM. Reason: to add photos of new prop

Re: Rapid Travel Ver 2.0 Update

I hope this is the year for this one!!

Just a thought. I wonder which prop is better, rapids 4 blade or BT2's 3 blade?

Comment

Whether the work was done as a homage to some of the great racers, or in chasing the speed potential of the airplane, or, I suspect, a little of both, I salute you for your efforts, and thank you for what you've done.
      As an airplane nut, a fan, and a crew member, I've just to say I LOVE IT, and best of luck on a successful year.

Good hunting,
      Paul

Comment

Dang! I'm havin' a tough enough time catching you guys roundin' the sticks now, as evidenced by the attached! Now it's REALLY gonna be a challenge!

Go Get 'Em Guys!
        Attached Files
        Owen Ashurst
        Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
        http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Air Judge View Post
          Dang! I'm havin' a tough enough time catching you guys roundin' the sticks now, as evidenced by the attached! Now it's REALLY gonna be a challenge!

Go Get 'Em Guys!

Agreed!!! I thought you all were super fast at PRS
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Apteryx View Post
            Whether the work was done as a homage to some of the great racers, or in chasing the speed potential of the airplane, or, I suspect, a little of both, I salute you for your efforts, and thank you for what you've done.
            As an airplane nut, a fan, and a crew member, I've just to say I LOVE IT, and best of luck on a successful year.

Good hunting,
            Paul
            That pretty much sums it up. Good luck this year!

Comment

Originally posted by 4banginfocus03 View Post
              I hope this is the year for this one!!

Just a thought. I wonder which prop is better, rapids 4 blade or BT2's 3 blade?
              I assume they think the four blade is better, or it would probably have a three blade on it. That is not the "stock" Thunder Mustang four blade that is on it now. Look at the blade profile.

Comment

That's a real beauty for sure, nicely done. Anyone know what kind of approximate HP the engines are putting out?

Thanks and good luck to this team at Reno.

Dennis Vest

Comment

Just a thought. I wonder which prop is better, rapids 4 blade or BT2's 3 blade?[/QUOTE]

George really wanted to keep the P-51 look intact while improving on the performance so opted to test a better 4 blade. I like his choice and I hope it does all he's expecting and more. His early testing already shows much improvement.
                  Go George, happy racing awaits.

Solo ( Cloudchaser )

Comment

Working...
                  X