Rare Bear Part Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Bear Part Needed

This came in an email today from Stacy Thomas (Rare Bear Crew Chief)

They need a... "C6 type fuel strainer, P/N 104244-4-1. Originally made by Aero Supply Mfg co."

I know Stacy has been pulling his hair out on this part for some time because he called me at Sun-n-Fun to have me look for one there.. (obviously, I failed in my attempt)

If anyone knows of one of these parts in good condition, the Rare Bear needs the part so they can return the borrowed unit that they are currently using...

Details, Details, Details.. that is what makes any airplane fly, especialy an Air Racer as complex as Rare Bear....

BTW... did I mention that they are still short on their insurance premium and need your contribution to make the races this year???

Would be a HUGE shame for them to go to all this effort to get her lookin' so good, running so good and then fall short on insurance to get her in the show........

Buy a shirt, hat, coat... leave some $$ !!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Is the RARE BEAR still looking for this part?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
      Is the RARE BEAR still looking for this part?
      I believe they are. Shoot Stacy Thomas an email and he'll let you know... Do you have access to one?? Cheap

You'll be a hero!!!

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

The POWER of communication!!

Well.. HOPEFULLY... it looks like Stacy is hooking up with someone who not only has access to the strainer, he's going to buy it and DONATE it!!

Now... THAT'S the spirit!!

You'll find me beating this drum in almost every post I make from now, until they have the needed funds secure...

They still need a pretty steep insurance premium or all of this is going to be for naught...

Tell your friends, tell your friends to tell their friends.. We can't do Spamming via email to let the "world" know about what they can do for the bear, nor do we have the luxury of having *all* the fans who are in the stands.. (hey... that rhymed!) visiting this site so they would know..

Just like the Bear Crew are beating the brush trying to nab a sponsor or two, we fans have to beat the brush and try to find other fans who will help.. Or... maybe find a sponsor..

Somewhere out there, is some company who has 20 or so grand to burn on this project and is willing to do it.. we just gotta find them.

Not too often that a 20 grand pop will get a company the VIP treatement that it's gonna get whomever comes up with the cash this time round.. that is.. if we find them..

If not..

We're going to have to have another "Bear-a-Thon" and try to get as many other avaiation sites that we can to do the same.. RARA can't "officially" do it, though I know they are trying their best to help publicize this.. (they bent over backwards to get the local news out there when the airplane flew last month) but as the sanctioning body, I suppose that's about all they can really do.

Let's get er in the show folks! SOOOOOO Darn close... SOOO close..

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
        X