THE YOUNG FLYER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE YOUNG FLYER

The "thing" I posted is from that same set.

Comment

Hey Jibus-

Goggled-up this photo of the back of the packaging which shows all 12 in the set you're talkin' 'bout. (Think that my prev. post photo might be a different earlier production design-need to see what the contents looks like-ones I recall had less vivid colors). More types covered than I remembered.

Plus here's a pic of a newer 'launcher-type' foam prop flyer as a P-38 you can still get via Amazon...

DBD
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyD View Post
        "The Young Flyer"

I'd like to share another photo ensemble shot by my daughter- DESTINY DAWSON...

Sun. 9/14/08-Reno NCAR- Countless aviation dreams & careers started via the simple joyful experience of flying one of those classic balsawood toy glider planes- demonstrated here by this cool kid flyer at the air races.

Judging by his obvious intense focus, -along w/the Tiger Destefani-autographed Strega hat & Czech Mate tee-shirt he's wearing, I think it'd be a safe bet to say he might already be hooked on flying!

DBD

Don,

Great pictures! That is the son of famed Scaled Composites structural engineer and designer of the I.F.O. Dan Kreigh. Dan is a fantastic engineer and a great help on team Wasabi (notice the Wasabi Tattoo on the boys cheek). His son is a P-40 aficionado and obsessed speed as it applies to his favorite airplanes. His son has been a regular at our weekly RC pylon races here at Scaled, and just recently completed a foamie RC p-40 with his dad. Check out the video below from the AMA expo of Dan talking about some of his work for Burt over the years.

http://vimeo.com/13992192

Mean Speed,
        Elliot
        Wasabi Air Racing

Comment

Thanks very much Elliot, -for the kind compliments on Destiny's shots & taking the time to provide some ID background info on that air-minded young man captured in her photos & about his very talented father. I really enjoyed watching the video clip of his presentation at AMA expo - that was super & thanks for sharing w/us.

As I've always said, -a photo is so much more, when you know the story behind it. And now I know me & the kid have one big thing in common too- we both really dig P-40s!

Thanks again!!!

DBD

Comment

Working...
          X