Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: High G viewing area

RKEnnis,
    First and foremost, welcome to the worlds fastest motorsport! You won't be disappointed, trust me! It will likely ruin most all other airshows you'll ever go to.

Sounds like you're headed in the right direction. Trust you've purchased pit passes as well as that is a MUST!

Last year RARA sold the High G passes near the Pit Entrance gate and only after the FAA signed off on the concept. Don't see any mention of High G on the RARA site wo trust it will be somewhat the same concept this year. Think it's worth the trip just to say you did it and for a different look at the event.

Besides, we need some new neighbors out on my plyon at Outer 6!

Hope you have a great time and interested in seeing your posts after the week has come to an end.

Enjoy!
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
      I'm talking about being ON the course in the 80's N.E. side of course in the hills. Or more specifically here:
      OH YEAH! Up on the ridge! Last time I was there was in 1980. That place was cool! I remember hittin' the deck quite a few times, especially when "Lefty" flew over! Ahh.....the memories...........
      "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Originally posted by Air Judge View Post
        RKEnnis,
        First and foremost, welcome to the worlds fastest motorsport! You won't be disappointed, trust me! It will likely ruin most all other airshows you'll ever go to.

Sounds like you're headed in the right direction. Trust you've purchased pit passes as well as that is a MUST!

Last year RARA sold the High G passes near the Pit Entrance gate and only after the FAA signed off on the concept. Don't see any mention of High G on the RARA site wo trust it will be somewhat the same concept this year. Think it's worth the trip just to say you did it and for a different look at the event.

Besides, we need some new neighbors out on my plyon at Outer 6!

Hope you have a great time and interested in seeing your posts after the week has come to an end.

Enjoy!
        Thanks for the welcome and the information!

I'll look for the RARA area and hopefully be able to grab a couple of tickets High G area tickets.

I've been to a bunch of airshow over the years, but I think this will be a whole other level. I'm pretty darn excited! Also, this will be my son's first aviation event - I think he's getting pretty excited too.

And yeah, I did get pit passes. After 25+ years in aircraft maintenance, I wouldn't dream of missing the pit area.

I'll definitely post a follow up here after show week. Hopefully I'll have some cool photos to post as well.

Thanks again...

Comment

Re: High G Ridge viewing area

Originally posted by RKEnnis View Post
          As an air race newbie (this will be my first year at Reno), I'm pretty interested in this. Does anyone have more information about obtaining tickets for this viewing area?

I'm trying to get all my tickets in advance, where possible.

Thanks!
          Here is some info from RARA regarding the G Spot:

We will be offering the High G Ridge Club again this year. It will be
          Thursday through Sunday. The buses will leave around 1pm. The cost this
          year will be $100 and you can purchase your tickets at the T-6 Raffle
          booth, same as last year. The only difference is the loading area will
          be just outside of gate 2 where the bus drop off is.
          We will start selling on Wednesday.
          Hope this info helps.

Comment

Originally posted by dineega View Post
            Rach... oh rach....

Looking forward to seeing you guys!!!!!!!!
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by dineega View Post

We will be offering the High G Ridge Club again this year. It will be
              Thursday through Sunday. The buses will leave around 1pm. The cost this
              year will be $100 and you can purchase your tickets at the T-6 Raffle
              booth, same as last year. The only difference is the loading area will
              be just outside of gate 2 where the bus drop off is.
              We will start selling on Wednesday.
              Hope this info helps.
              Cool! I'll certainly plan on doing this at least one day, assuming I can get tickets.

Thanks for the info...

Comment

[QUOTE=Air Judge
                Besides, we need some new neighbors out on my plyon at Outer 6! QUOTE]

PICK ME! PICK ME!
                I'd be estatic to be your neighbor....

Mr. Rogers voice: Won't you be my neighbor?"

Comment

Hey Warpt,
                  If you're truly interested, we're always looking to recruit new folks. After race week, I recommend you visit:

www.pylonjudge.org

Get a sense of things there. We built this site a year or so ago. You can contact Chief Pylon Judge thru the site but again, wait until early October 'cause right now he's busier than a cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Cheers,
                  Owen Ashurst

Comment

Hey Warpt,
                    If you're truly interested, we're always looking to recruit new folks. After race week, I recommend you visit:

www.pylonjudge.org

Get a sense of things there. We built this site a year or so ago. You can contact Chief Pylon Judge thru the site but again, wait until early October 'cause right now he's busier than a cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Cheers,
                    Owen,

I got to give the Pylon guys major props. Dave is a super guy as well as the others out on the pylons. If I did not have the radio thing with RARA I would be volunteering all my time to the pylon family. Great people.

Comment

Thanks, Radio!

I'll pass along the props. To me (and I know many other PJ's) the week in the desert north of Stead is like no other on the calendar. It is the yardstick by which I measure all other events I attend or participate in. And so far, nothing comes close (birth of children and the like set aside.)

Thanks for what you do as well. It takes hundreds of folks to put this show on the road and I wouldn't miss it for all the tea in China or gold in Ft Knox (Ok, MAYBE the gold.)

Exactly 7 days from today I'll be pulling into the PJ motor home camping area, ready to rock and roll!
                      Yeah, Baby!
                      Owen Ashurst

Comment

Thanks, Radio!

I'll pass along the props. To me (and I know many other PJ's) the week in the desert north of Stead is like no other on the calendar. It is the yardstick by which I measure all other events I attend or participate in. And so far, nothing comes close (birth of children and the like set aside.)

Thanks for what you do as well. It takes hundreds of folks to put this show on the road and I wouldn't miss it for all the tea in China or gold in Ft Knox (Ok, MAYBE the gold.)

Exactly 7 days from today I'll be pulling into the PJ motor home camping area, ready to rock and roll!
                        Yeah, Baby!
                        I will be there in 5 days. I have to be there before Home Pylon goes up. You can see my equipment at the top of Home every year. Everyone that works on the pylons is super cool and has a plethora of stories. John is real nice guy who cares about his crew. If I was not getting paid to be at the races you can bet that I would be working pylons even if I was working 'speed bumps' for the next 20 years.

Once again please pass my thanks and "props" to the pylon crew. Without you guys there would be no race.

Comment

I forget this every year - what's the F.M. frequency for the race broadcast?

Thanks,

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by bulldawg66 View Post
                            I forget this every year - what's the F.M. frequency for the race broadcast?

Thanks,

Tom
                            You know I can't remember. I only do the two way radios and air band com's. It should be easy to find out.

Comment

Last couple years 97.7.
                              Also have used 103.7 and 100.5

Comment

Working...
                              X