The Bear Flies Again!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bear Flies Again!!!!!!

Well Bear Fans... lots to report but we're still on the road so we're gonna keep it short and just give ya one really special image to look at for now..

The FANTASTIC crew of this racer have been REALLY busy... She's got new paint, the new motor is doing fine and test flying is underway at this very moment..

Yesterday, we were privledged to be one of two media reps allowed the VERY rare opportunity to go up and do a very short air to air session with the Rare Bear and John Penny..

All I can say about the experience is WOW! Both John Penney and our photo plane pilot, John Parker are FANTASTIC pilots!

Here ya go for now, MUCH more about the airplane and crew coming as soon as we can get stuff processed and an update written..

Wayne
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

cool, i saw her tooling around over stead, i spent most of yesterday watching her.

wayne, just one question, what's that on the wingtip?

matt
    heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Originally posted by matt
      cool, i saw her tooling around over stead, i spent most of yesterday watching her.

wayne, just one question, what's that on the wingtip?

matt
      Flames baby... Flames!

More detailed photos coming...

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Very nice work Wayne... She looks wonderfull with the new paint!
        The flames are a nice touch too.

Eventhough I'm a Mustang fan at heart, it's really great to see
        a true contender back in shape!! ...this could possibly be a round
        engine year!

John

Comment

Tyson,

You've got some great stuff on your website!

I can only say (about the photo mission and other things I've had the privilege to do with Rare Bear Air Racing over the last year) as a guy who was a "fan in the stands" as late as 1992, watching all of this from a "distance".. to have the HONOR to fly with the likes of John Penney as the subject pilot, and with a man who I'm honored to call friend, John Parker, as the photo plane pilot... well... it's sort of hard to describe how it all makes me feel!

It IS SO COOL to see that airplane flying again! I can only hope, that they (Rare Bear Air Racing) as well as "American Air Racing" (John Parker's team) can obtain the sponsor funding needed to sustain these efforts!

As a fan in the stands, I never understood at all the costs involved with Air Racing and how much personal sacrifice, by the owners and their, mostly volunteer teams, goes into bringing this great sport into reality!

I have to pinch myself at times to be able to believe that I can now count men like Lyle Shelton, John Penney, John Parker and thier respective team members as personal friends!

As an "unbiased journalist" of this sport, I can not allow myself to have a "favorite" team.. But, I sincerely hope that these people can get what is needed to keep it going for years to come!

Ahh... GO BEAR...ahh.... I didn't say that...

Wayne
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
          X