Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bear up!

Originally posted by h34race View Post
    Does it still have the engine on it that is for FiFi or did they give it back already ??they mounted one and started it going to be awsome tohave FiFi back in the air !!!
    I don't know which engine is on the bear, however I can say that the team purchased the engine planned for "FIFI" last year. That engine is now their's. Anderson has since built up three other engines for "FIFI" which publicaly ran all four engines on Memorial Day. We are getting closer and closer to flying "FIFI" after her couple years of retirement.

You can find the most recent info on "FIFI" on our website www.cafb29b24.org

Fly safe,
    Chris
    CAF
    B-29/B-24 Squadron PIO

Comment

Originally posted by flyingsailor View Post
      I don't know which engine is on the bear, however I can say that the team purchased the engine planned for "FIFI" last year. That engine is now their's. Anderson has since built up three other engines for "FIFI" which publicaly ran all four engines on Memorial Day. We are getting closer and closer to flying "FIFI" after her couple years of retirement.

You can find the most recent info on "FIFI" on our website www.cafb29b24.org

Fly safe,
      Chris
      CAF
      B-29/B-24 Squadron PIO
      The Bear still has last year's "FIFI" engine on her.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
        The Bear still has last year's "FIFI" engine on her.
        OK, so maybe we haven't missed the last minute thrash... ;-)

Comment

I sure hope so! It would be nice to see them prepared and healthy all at once.
          I am ignorant of the process and exactly what they are doing, but if they are tweaking systems wouldn't it make sense to do it in race configuration? I would think that a race prepared engine would have completely different needs from the oil, fuel and boil off systems than a "stocker", meaning they have to do it all over again? Establishing a baseline maybe?
          Not trying to be provocative, just curious.
          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Uh, wouldn't that be "a few years on injured reserves"? I don't remember anything about retirement for FIFI. Just that they were working on getting better engines, and I'm sure the old girl will love her new lungs, and make beautiful music with them. It's been a long time since I've heard her sing. Looking forward to it.

Dave
            Dave

Comment

Great to read the bear is out of hibernation, and awesome news to read on FiFi.. cant wait to see the old girl back in the air where she belongs
              race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Working...
              X