68th Doolittle Raiders Reunion Film Footage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 68th Doolittle Raiders Reunion Film Footage

I dunno if this has already been covered by a prev. post, but a friend emailed me the following item & link on Memorial Day, so I thought I'd share it in case it wasn't...

"Pacific Princess and crew participates in the larges gathering of B-25s since WWII*for the 68th Doolittle Raiders Reunion held April 17th & 18th, 2010 at USAF Museum, Wright Field, Dayton, OH. 17 B-25's formed up for a fly-over the Doolittle Memorial Ceremony. 8 Doolittle Raiders of the original 79 remain. 4 were able to attend the 2010 event. Air to Air shots filmed from the tailgunner seat of 'Pacific Princess', ship # 2 in the 17 ship formation by VictoryGirl.com"

Some really cool footage, expecially of all the Mitchells spotted for takeoff from Wright Field for the fly-by. (Hope this link works)

DBD

* Note- I believe there were 18 flyable B-25s used for filming the movie 'Catch-22' via Frank Tallman/Tallmantz Aviation. Either way, it beats the 16 total B-25s launched from the carrier USS Hornet for the Doolittle Raid on Tokyo in April 1942.
Working...
X