6 P-38s at Reno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 6 P-38s at Reno

I would almost bet that if the photo guy's ponyed up gas money all would come to light would sound so cool and be very insireing hopefully polatics won't interfer

Comment

Rad, its still raining in Spokane....tell me what the sun feels like when it comes out. Anyone rebuilding any MEs in a certain hanger over in Everett?

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote Chris View Post
        Rad, its still raining in Spokane....tell me what the sun feels like when it comes out. Anyone rebuilding any MEs in a certain hanger over in Everett?
        One has been sold.

Comment

Wayne,

You'd be one of the people that I would thing could work the politics. If they can be handled how much would the camera plane and fuel cost?

I'm thinking the members of this forum could be asked to make donations to cover the cost for the one hi-res digital photo of their choice from the shoot.

Think six, six, six, SIX P-38s in a glorious A2A shot over the lake!!!

The rest of the forum can chime in pls.

Awaiting you thoughts.

Comment

Chris, The 3rd and last one has been sold as a static from what I understand. The 109 Emil is flying with FHC this summer. One good thing is I get to see Mr Penney fly every two weeks. It is still raining here. Rad

Comment

They ought to let the 38s do at least one lap around the course in Reno. Last time that many went around together on a racecourse was the 1947 Sohio in Cleveland when seven of them participated.

T J (Seriously starting to think about a California/ Nevada trip this September)
              Last edited by T J Johansen; 06-01-2010, 03:05 PM.

Comment

TJ. You'r right about 1947 as I was there. Tony LeVier won that race @ 360.866MPH. Bill Lear was also in it but was disqualified.Tony also flew the P38 in the Thompson Trophy race & came in 2nd @ 370.193MPH. In the those days it was full bore for 10 laps/300 miles. Tony had the superchargers removed & faired over. Hundreds of yards of cellophane tape was used to seal all openings,including flaps. (Duct Tape wasn't invented yet)
                Lockheed Bob

Comment

For those would be photographers who would like to take advantage of the exclusive Photo Tour at the California Capitol Airshow you can reserve your spot for this limited first come first serve opportunity. Reservations can be made by contacting Scott Wolff at <sewolff22@gmail.com. There are only 20 spots left for this unique vantage point during the practice day as well as airshow days. Contact Scott before they are all gone, and you have to throw elbows with the thousands of other spectators/photographers who will be taking pictures also.

Comment

Working...
                  X