Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Warlock Crew

Randy and David,

Your family and Warlock crew have been in our thoughts and prayers.

The AT6 community has lost its Super Star. Al has been one of the crowd favorites since he started his quest to win 30 years ago. In his time he has help bring AT6 racing to the level it is today. There probably will never be a pilot to come close to taking Al's place.
    When I first started Air Racing I always tried to see what I thought was the best pilot flying and study him intently, of course this meant Al. His style of flying is no nonsense be ready to compete. His knowledge of AT6's and his experience was always unsurpassed. If you had to fly against Al, you had be at your best. His ability brought out the best in pilots who got to race with him. He was a Legend and as history goes down he will always be a Legend.
    The very first time I got a chance to get past Al and that Blue 75, was not of pilot ability, but because my junker motor was better than his. I had followed Warlock so much when I did get around Al, I did not know what course to fly. I think I came in 4th and Al 5th, but to me I won the race of a lifetime.
    It has through the years for me and Sixcat crew was to be prepared to try and compete against Al and the Warlock crew. It brought out the best of us and always a goal to attain.
    Al was very devoted to your crew and it was nice to see how devoted your crew was to him. I always admired Al's relationship with both of you. It was more like best friends than father and sons, you guys had a relationship that is very rare these days.
    I have been very blessed not just to know Al, but my chance to fly with a Legend was a privledge of a lifetime. These past 20 years flying and getting to know guys was an honor and a privledge and so much fun.

Hope to see you in Reno.
    Nick Macy Family and Sixcat crew.

Sorry I can't make it Saturday, one of my crew members lost their father and his service is also on Saturday.

Re: To Warlock Crew

Nick and the Sixcat family and crew,

Thank you for the kind words, Al loved flying with you as well. Al and the Warlock crew has always had a huge respect for the Six Cat team and always will.
    Thank you again.

Kenny Price Jr.
    Warlock crew.

Comment

Re: To Warlock Crew

I also had the extraordinary opportunity of flying with Al during my years of racing and the airshows we attended. He was one of the few people I was totally comfortable flying with. A superb pilot. Also, an outstanding person on the ground, and would give you the shirt off his back. We had the greatest times during these years. Al and the crew treated me like a brother, even though we were competitors, which is the true measure of his giving character. Al will be missed by all....

Very Sincerely,
      Randy Difani (T 6 Race 18 ret.)

Comment

Working...
      X