Adios Stork!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adios Stork!

Heading to the paint shop today, don't bother asking what paint scheme she'll wear next! Today was the last day to get ANY shots of it in September Pops livery! Enjoy!
    Attached Files

Re: Adios Stork!

What paint shop?

Comment

Same place it got the tweetie bird job!

Comment

Brady Tx

Comment

Thanks for the pics Steve- can we expect shots of the new paint when it's done ?
          Russ
          Knotty Girl Crew

Comment

Its possible! We'll wait and see!

Comment

This is sad news, a once beautiful racer turned into just another boring sea fury with a 3350 flying at maybe 280mph at airshows. Yipee :P
              If that comment pisses anyone off, I am sorry for that in advance. I am really bummed out that with a foul swoop 3 top racers were retired. I am also really bummed out that Howard wont be racing his sea fury or bearcat anymore. Thats 5 famous and well loved planes gone in a couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by steve D View Post
                Same place it got the tweetie bird job!
                I wonder if the aircraft will come with any hidden 'art' as the 911 scheme had...

Comment

Originally posted by Mluvara View Post
                  I wonder if the aircraft will come with any hidden 'art' as the 911 scheme had...
                  Michael...you can't post a comment like that without sharing with us what the "old" hidden art was!
                  Biplane Race #3

Comment

Originally posted by Mluvara View Post
                    Michael...you can't post a comment like that without sharing with us what the "old" hidden art was!
                    Biplane Race #3

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
                      This is sad news, a once beautiful racer turned into just another boring sea fury with a 3350 flying at maybe 280mph at airshows. Yipee :P
                      If that comment pisses anyone off, I am sorry for that in advance. I am really bummed out that with a foul swoop 3 top racers were retired. I am also really bummed out that Howard wont be racing his sea fury or bearcat anymore. Thats 5 famous and well loved planes gone in a couple years.
                      Don't be sorry. These ac achieved more fame and recognition as racers than they ever would have as war-wearies or ever will restored to stock. It's almost an affront to their identities.

$
                      "Man was meant to fly -- the earth is for worms!"
                      Martin Caidin

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
                        It will suck if it does not race anymore, but that paint job was one of the ugliest things ever put on an airplane.

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams View Post
                          It will suck if it does not race anymore, but that paint job was one of the ugliest things ever put on an airplane.
                          I'm with you Tim
                          "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Originally posted by flyboycpa View Post
                            Aww, it's there, visible in photos... I'll give you guys some time to figure it out!

Michael
                            Last edited by Mluvara; 04-01-2010, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Mike's dad was a co-pilot on a B-24 during WWII. Mike's mom and the pilot's wife were both expecting to give birth during the month of September so the bomber was named September Pops and the two storks carrying bombs were the nose art. Mike's dad's name was John, therefore, JB is on the tail.

Just my guess...
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Ken from PG; 04-02-2010, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X