Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Tsunami construction photos

Default Re: Tsunami construction photos

Quote Originally Posted by planecrazy2 View Post
    Yo LittleJR,

I spoke to your Aunt Sharon in Phoenix last weekend. She said ya'all were thinking about building 3 planes.

A rebuilt Tsunami, A two place Tsunami and a Tsunami racer.

I almost cried.

Geez. I wish I was local so I could wrench on it.

Gave my last $20 to the "help re-build Tsunami" fund.

Good Luck.

Glen
    Ya know.... I'm trying to keep upbeat on this thread.... but its getting harder and harder..

The original Tsunami was built by the "Best of the Best"... JRS, Bowland, Hinton, Skippy, and you know Law went where ever Bowland went..... And it took them a long time, and a dumptruck full of $$$$ to get it done..... once.

And now the talk is to have 3 Tsunami's? I gotta' sit down.....

The cart is WAY in front of the horse on this one.....

Talking Re: Tsunami construction photos

Hey Space girl how about posting the photos that you took of Tsunami. I'm also a modeler and would love to have a look. Where did you race r/c? Let me know when you get a chance. Thanx

I just got back from the Luscombe auction last night. We were able to buy 40 sheets of aluminum and some tooling. Hopefully that will keep us busy for a while!

AlisoBob II,

Three Tsunamis' is over kill. Sharon through the idea around, but we decided against it. However, we are building two airframes at the same time. The reason: Sharon and her husband don't want to race, I do. The extra time taken to build two frames is relatively small compared to the other option of not bringing her back to Reno.

After we get the structures complete, I plan on moving mine to another facility for systems and final assembly. Skip and I have talked of possibly bringing her to his facility in North Dakota. (I will know more after Chino in May)

Also I am flying out to Oshkosh tomorrow, I am going to try to reserve a tent in show center. Would anyone think it would be cool if I packed up the frame and put it on display during AirVenture?

JR,
    Heck yeah! If people can see the construction progress made, they might be a little more apt to help out. It would make more of an impact than just a booth selling T-shirts. Although, that is pretty cool to!

Race 29
    Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Got shirts and a pin today!!!! Happy supporter I am.
    Cheers

So my friends father is a television producer. He pitched me an idea for a show that he wants to bring to the networks. The concept is to follow the building of Tsunami, getting her to Reno in 2011 and finally going after the speed record.

I would like to hear your input on the concept? Would people be interested in watching it? Do you have any other ideas for the direction of a show?

I look forward to the feedback,

John Bjornstad

i would watch it i am a huge tsunami fan in fact the pale got me in to air racing and i haven't looked back i would love to see the rebuild process

Would we be interested?..... Well h#ll yes we would!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJR View Post
    So my friends father is a television producer. He pitched me an idea for a show that he wants to bring to the networks. The concept is to follow the building of Tsunami, getting her to Reno in 2011 and finally going after the speed record.

I would like to hear your input on the concept? Would people be interested in watching it? Do you have any other ideas for the direction of a show?

I look forward to the feedback,

John Bjornstad
    Cheers

Second that H*ll Yes-

I'll third that H*ll yeah! Just as long as Jessie James isn't involved!
    Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!