Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Tsunami construction photos

Default Re: Tsunami construction photos

Aero Tv made a surprise visit to the Tsunami booth at AirVenture 2010.

Check out the interview and tell me what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzyIFhOXR1A

Great interview... great to see The project get recognition Little JR
    race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Great interview. Really love Tsunami and LittleJR, very handsome boy

Very well done!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJR View Post
    Aero Tv made a surprise visit to the Tsunami booth at AirVenture 2010.

Check out the interview and tell me what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzyIFhOXR1A
    Great job!

looks like we know who the pilot is going to be.......

Quote Originally Posted by SCEPTER View Post
    Great job!

looks like we know who the pilot is going to be.......
    Dasher?

I thought we were supposed to be keeping that quiet.....

delete post please
    Last edited by John H; 08-26-2010 at 12:49 PM.

J.R. it was great to see you and your family at the races but better yet it was great to see the plane and the interest it was getting. We're all pulling for you guys, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJR View Post

One story he told me about was when they were doing flutter tests up in St Cloud, MN a month before Reno 91. Skip said he would go to about 10,000' roll inverted, dive straight down and push the throttle full. When he got to 600 + knots he would release the controls and hit the stick as hard as he could to get the plane to vibrate. He was doing this all day until the last time the right elevator ripped off the plane and the left one broke along with the 1 1/2" actuator rod. At that point he was barreling straight down starring at a corn field. He radioed Jack and told him his situation, Jack told him to get out. The canopy wouldn't open and the trim wouldn't respond.
    I remember this story! Somewhere around here I have audio tape I recorded of Jack describing this at Reno 91. I only met him the first time there. The month before I spent several days trying to track him down by phone, as I was writing a story about the CAF Bearcat (now at Camarillo) that he was sponsoring, which was at Chino. When I finally got a hold of him, he was a great interview and very gracious person. I met him at Reno 91 and found him to be charming and just a great guy. I watched the gold race on his trailer as he tracked the airplane. The day of the accident I called both JRS and Fighter Rebuilders, because I was trying to find out when Jack was coming to fly the Bearcat. JRS was silent said they didn't know anything, understandably- they weren't going to say what had just happened. Fighter Rebuilders told me what happened when I called them next. It was a terrible day and so strange that I picked that day to see what Jack was up to next. When I first heard of this rebuild I was skeptical, but in the days since Reno after seeing the tail section and display and talking with you guys, I am completely behind it and excited to see what you guys are doing. Now is definitely the time. By the way John, I was riding the tractor and rolling by the Tsunami booth on Sat and I saw you and your brother looking skyward.. Your brother looks so much like JRS it's uncanny, it was like I was seeing Jack again. All the best.
    Last edited by John H; 09-22-2010 at 10:03 PM.

These are great photos of the original building of Tsunami. We did rescue a photo album that had numerous photos.

John S - it has been years since you have visited the booth - what have you been up to?

The booth at Reno for Tsunami was extremely well received. Duane is hoping to have new pictures on our web site by the end of October of additional progress of the project.

www.rebuildtsunami.org

Also, we had several people commit to monthly donations for the rebuild project.

If any of you have questions about the project - you can contact either John Bjornstad or myself - Sharon Sandberg.

Have a great day.

Sharon Sandberg

P.S. the attached artwork was done by Taichi from Japan. He donated his time and talents for us. The conjue that is done in the artwork was from his 86 year old Mom. She came up with the idea in her dream in July sometime.
    Attached Files Attached Files