Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Tsunami construction photos

Default Re: Tsunami construction photos

Skips report was both funny at times but very realistic into how a race pilot thinks & reacts. Thanks for the input & goodluck at Oshkosh.
    Lockheed Bob

That pilot report is pure sentimental magic. Thanks for sharing it.
    _________
    -Matt
    Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Skip's Pilot Report was "fairly" funny,...lol, actually it was really funny!

It's a shame not to have him in a potential Gold winning unlimited every year!

RARA confirmed it, Tsunami will be at Reno!

See ya in 32 days

Awesome news JR.... im gutted that this year i wont make it...... darn money tree hasnt grown...
    race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Okay, let's clarify this so that we don't have any mis-information snowballing. (I've already had one person get excited and tell me that Tsunami was RACING this year.)

Parts of the wreckage and the rebuild of Tsunami will be on display at Reno this year for fundraising purposes, similar to what was done in the booth at Oshkosh, right?

Saying Tsunami is going to be at Reno this year is somewhat misleading if you don't know the extent of what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
    Okay, let's clarify this so that we don't have any mis-information snowballing. (I've already had one person get excited and tell me that Tsunami was RACING this year.)

Parts of the wreckage and the rebuild of Tsunami will be on display at Reno this year for fundraising purposes, similar to what was done in the booth at Oshkosh, right?

Saying Tsunami is going to be at Reno this year is somewhat misleading if you don't know the extent of what is going on.
    Yes, sorry I don't want to give anyone a heart attack. Unfortunately only parts of Tsunami will be on display. As Big_Jim said, we will be promoting the project, selling merchandise and informing new comers the story behind the aircraft.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I realized that it she wasnt going to be racing, i know she is many thousands of hours away from flying again, let alone racing... but the fact that RARA have allowed you to bring the parts to reno and allow you to fundraise is awesome
    race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

I remember buying a shirt from I think it was Lefty's son he was selling merch to rebuild WL. All they had was a size small left but I bought it anyway even though that is nowhere near my size. ....too bad that didn't work out.

Good luck with Tsunami, I will be there to do the same for you JR.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJR View Post
    Yes, sorry I don't want to give anyone a heart attack.
    too late. I never look at tacked threads (common problem in the forum world)

I was just scanning this page and saw your post. I alarmed a couple co workers when I read it.

Glad to see this is moving forward.

I was never a big fan of Tsunami ( I was a just a little kid back then, and I thought it looked funny). Now I realize what an acheivement it really was. I am glad I can close my eyes and see it in the air, I hope I can supplant those memories with some new ones!