Tsunami construction photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tsunami construction photos

Awesome update! Thanks for posting it here. It means a lot to a lot of folks. It’s great to see so much progress. There is certainly a mountain of work you’ve done. Congrats on that. Looking forward to the rest of the climb.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Hope to make it to see it fly again. "Skip" Holmes just about had it dialed in to win the "Gold". Great job.
      Lockheed Bob

Comment

Great work. Thanks for the update. It was such a beautiful plane!

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
          Hope to make it to see it fly again. "Skip" Holmes just about had it dialed in to win the "Gold". Great job.
          Just about? I'd say it was there. That last race just happened to be the closest 3 way race in history. It could have gone to any one of the 3 at the front.

Will

Comment

I'll throw in my little piece...
            Did this last year for a Xmas gift to a Tsunami fan.
            Attached Files
            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Nice work there Leo.

Thanks for sharing.

Hopefully we'll all get to see and hear her again in Reno.

"Is she done yet"
              "Is she done yet"

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
                Nice work there Leo.

Thanks for sharing.

Hopefully we'll all get to see and hear her again in Reno.

"Is she done yet"
                "Is she done yet"

I think Tsunami might be the most eagerly awaited returning unlimited. I have to agree, Is it done yet?

Who's free to go lend a hand? How many people are localish? Perhaps there could be an AAFO volunteer work weekend? Whatta ya say? 2020, the year Tsunami returns? (Yeah I'm dreaming.)

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
                  I think Tsunami might be the most eagerly awaited returning unlimited. I have to agree, Is it done yet?

Who's free to go lend a hand? How many people are localish? Perhaps there could be an AAFO volunteer work weekend? Whatta ya say? 2020, the year Tsunami returns? (Yeah I'm dreaming.)

Will
                  I'm still awaiting Furias the most but seriously I wish either Tsunami was closer or there was an unlimited being built in SoCal. Would be there 24/7 !!!
                  Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                    I'm still awaiting Furias the most but seriously I wish either Tsunami was closer or there was an unlimited being built in SoCal. Would be there 24/7 !!!
                    Don't get me wrong, I'd be thrilled to see Furias on the ramp ready to go. Still, if Tsunami comes back close to where it was when it crashed, EVERYONE will need their A game to beat it. Heck, if they are running 470s out of the box, you can bet they will learn a ton in that first year back. There is also the possibility that things will be learned as it goes together that will fill in some of the questions that are as of yet unanswered. I guess its possible they could come back different, yet just as fast as when they left.
                    Can Furias run 490s? Maybe? 232 went 480, more power, and reliability (hopefully) might do the trick.

The return of both of these could pull Strega, Voodoo and????? Time will tell. I just think Tsunami is one of the coolest racers in history. When it comes to inlines, Tsunami and Stiletto are my favorites hands down. I got to see both race in the 80s, but I've never seen Furias race. I'm looking forward to seeing that. Still, I want to see Tsunami become the first non warbird to win Gold.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
                      Don't get me wrong, I'd be thrilled to see Furias on the ramp ready to go. Still, if Tsunami comes back close to where it was when it crashed, EVERYONE will need their A game to beat it. Heck, if they are running 470s out of the box, you can bet they will learn a ton in that first year back. There is also the possibility that things will be learned as it goes together that will fill in some of the questions that are as of yet unanswered. I guess its possible they could come back different, yet just as fast as when they left.
                      Can Furias run 490s? Maybe? 232 went 480, more power, and reliability (hopefully) might do the trick.

The return of both of these could pull Strega, Voodoo and????? Time will tell. I just think Tsunami is one of the coolest racers in history. When it comes to inlines, Tsunami and Stiletto are my favorites hands down. I got to see both race in the 80s, but I've never seen Furias race. I'm looking forward to seeing that. Still, I want to see Tsunami become the first non warbird to win Gold.

Will
                      All perfectly stated. Tsunami truly is the most anticipated to come back from a broader perspective as she isn’t a warbird and can really draw a HUGE audience of racers and fans alike back to the sport.

Furias has always been my favorite racer even back to the single white prop days. I thought the white/orange/blue scheme looked awesome and her new scheme is hands down the best lookin racer in existence as of right now. Her and Tsunami both have a lot of untapped potential and I hope they’re both back out there sooner rather than later.
                      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Looks like there has been some more work done. The Right horizontal is looking pretty good. Hopefully there will be an official update here.

From the Rebuild Tsunami FB page.

Will

Comment

Will,

That is good news. Thanks for sharing that good intel with your friends here that do not Facebook.

Comment

Lots of updates on the Tsunami page. I won't provide the whole summary but working on the tail, cut out the firewall, assembling the seat, and they have at least one wing in the jig.
                            My involvement is John needed some CAD models made to CNC some parts.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	229155
                            The original drawing was hand drawn and some of the dimensions were in pencil and either hard to read or conflicting other dimensions. So you have to find a middle ground. But a lot of fun, and it's cool to be able to help remotely.
                            "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X