MB-5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MB-5

I was wondering If anybody knows If the Martin Baker MB-5 Replica has flown? I saw a picture on a Past Post. What is going on with it. Looks very interesting. I know the Original one was very fast. The claimed ir was the fastest Piston engined airplane.

catch Ya later People

Mark Ehlers
    Mark G. Ehlers

nope...

He has run the engine (with one prop only) but that's as far as it has gotten so far. It is a simply amazing demonstration of tenacity IMHO. Last time I talked with him the second prop was still at the balancing shop.

Comment

Re: MB-5

I read that he was using a mustang wing. Looks like it has a Griffon in it also. Are they going to run with the C/R configuration? I wander when it will be flying. Hopefully it will fly good and fast.
      Mark G. Ehlers

Comment

John Marlin's website:

Comment

Re: nope...

Originally posted by JET1 View Post
          He has run the engine (with one prop only) but that's as far as it has gotten so far. It is a simply amazing demonstration of tenacity IMHO. Last time I talked with him the second prop was still at the balancing shop.
          Their are pics on his web site showing it running and taxiing with both props installed.

Comment

i took this a few years ago Shawn.
            Attached Files

Comment

Anyone heard anything about John Marlin and the MB5 lately.

Comment

Working...
              X