Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ken Burnstine

Default Re: Ken Burnstine

Was Suzy Q repainted before the accident and if so does anyone have pics of it that way?
    Chris...

All the research I've done on this says "no". But if it WAS repainted as Tegler says it was...it was in the same paint scheme...just touched up.

Thanks.
    Chris...

Well I knew Ken very well and just thought I'd give some insite to his tail numbers. As far as " 69 " goes well you know , just think miss foxy lady and susie Q !!! Then there is the famus QF ??? This came from his old days in the military it's a long story but "QF" stands for quick finger .... He was one sexy pilot

My husband and I were flying in to Mojave that day Ken crashed. I heard him say he was going to go and run the pylons, we were taxiing into the the Adfmin building area, so didn't see the crash, but when I got out I looked to the east and saw the smoke and dust. We called the airport on the radio and reported it.
    As far as the report, I tried to get it years back and they said they had destoyed it after so many years. I too was curious, having been in the area at the time. Yes, there was a lot of questions, and yes there was an article in a rag type of magazine about him talking to some of the authorities, how true, don't know.

I met Ken in '74, he & his girlfriend had just moved to Balboa Island in Newport Beach CA. I had gone to high school with his GF & being new to CA she looked me up. Ken was in his early 40's, BJ his GF 18 or 19, she mentioned that they moved to CA because things were getting too hot in FLA then she showed me the High Times article touting Ken as Flodida's Marijuana Luffwaffle King. Their home was extravagant, leather bed, fox bedspread, in his office there were glass gun caseswith all kinds of guns, automatic weapons included, he said he was a licensed gun dealer & showed us a rifle that was the same as the one used to kill JFK. He showed a gun that he had bought from one of South American's top henchman that was on the run in Central America & needed the cash. The wall paper in that room was called "Hostility Wallpaper" black with silver lettering, "F#ck the Phone Company" "F#ck Mother's Day" "F#ck Everything"

He had a Bora Masertti that was inline with the Daytona Ferrari, his keychain was a gold casted nipple. When the feds came down on him BJ called to ask if she could park the Bora in our carport, she told us about Ken getting busted & wanted to hide the Bora so the feds couldn't confiscate it. One day he took us out to a gun club we were shooting clay pigeons then Ken picked up a pistol & headed off range saying he needed to practise because he had some dirty work to do for the Govt. Shortly after his death I believe the Govt seized his assets & BJ moved back to FLA.

WOW

Interesting read!

Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    It was Mojave. Must've been a calm day.

Interesting reading but something is missing.

Was there a reno victory?

If so, how did the race go?.......anyone got a play-by-play of the race?