No announcement yet.

Oooooops - It's usually not a good thing to buz the Santa Monica pier in a L-39

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oooooops - It's usually not a good thing to buz the Santa Monica pier in a L-39

AirDOGGe,
    You wrote, "The right to drive or fly is not a right at all and is often incorrectly viewed as such." Respectfully, I disagree.
    Further, only individuals have rights. Our government has no rights, whatsoever. And if I recall correctly, there are no "group rights" enumerated anywhere in the U.S. Constitution. I believe that group rights are an outgrowth of the collective individual rights.
    I do believe that word "rights" as used in this context is very often misused.
    Chris

Comment

Re: Oooooops - It's usually not a good thing to buz the Santa Monica pier in a L-39

Originally posted by FlyKidChris View Post
      Ah, but the impact of this buzz job might impact the constitutional rights of me, your son and all other pilots.

Should your son "pay" for something he didn't do? I certainly don't think so.
      This is getting out of hand. I do not believe so!

Comment

Originally posted by wyhdah View Post
        And my contention was what is and what is not congested? If you are talking about safe landing areas as the FARs do then thats one thing, if you are talking about public perception it's another.

Asside from congestion the FARs read "safe operation" that's pretty open. There is nothing in there about frighting the public. That's another discussion.
        BS. That pier was crowded plus the beach. WAS NOT A SAFE OPERATING AREA. Those people were there for fun not an illegal air show. I like loud piston planes and jets. I have seen more military demos and the Reno Air Races than you are old. It is not right to frighten people if that is not their choice. Out

Frank C.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyKidChris View Post
          AirDOGGe,
          You wrote, "The right to drive or fly is not a right at all and is often incorrectly viewed as such."

Respectfully, I disagree.

Chris

That's perfectly OK. You have the right to your own choices and opinions. That's a right nobody should try to take away (Hear that China?)

And I agree that "rights" and national governments are incompatible. Said governments will do whatever they please and cite "national security" or some other similar argument to justify their actions.

Without oversight from some "higher power" (aka "The Day The Earth Stood Still?"), this will always be the case.

However, you may want to review local/state/federal laws concerning said citizen's rights to operate certain kinds of vehicles. They say otherwise, and the law is the law.

'nuff sed.
          Last edited by AirDOGGe; 11-17-2009, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Moving this thread

This thread has moved waaaay beyond anything even remotely regarding air racing.. .So.. I'm moving it to the grafitti section... It will have a redirect here in this forum for a few hours.

Please keep it sane and civil over there....
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thanks Wayne. You the man!

Frank C.

Comment

As long as we are out of the racing subject area, let me add this little article demonstrating an outstanding example of the insanity of someone assuming his so-called "rights"...He blames his failed marriage among many other things on jets coming and going from SFO (!)...Can you just imagine?

----------------------------------------------------------------

After life crumbles, Hillsborough man sues over SFO jet noise

In this case of bizarre lawsuits, a former civil litigation attorney and father of young triplets is blaming his personal, professional, financial, emotional and physical anguish on jet noise and air pollution. Now he's suing, well, everyone, for $15 million.

According to the San Mateo County Times, Stanley Hilton and his family moved into a $1.4 million home in Hillsborough in 2003.

Since then, Hilton claims they had been bombarded by the racket from SFO. In the 16-page complaint filed Nov. 10, Hilton says the "jarring rumble" (which he likened to the sound of "bombs dropping in a war zone") and fumes from airplanes destroyed his marriage and career.

He says he also suffered insomnia, cardiac and respiratory problems. He's suing for public nuisance, negligence, assault, battery, fraud and breach of contract. Here are the defendants:

* SFO, SFO Airport Authority, San Francisco, San Mateo County, Hillsborough

* United Airlines and parent company UAL, Inc.; American Airlines; Virgin; Atlantic; Mexicana; Lufthansa; German Airlines; Air France; Federal Express; DHL; UPS; KLM Airlines; Northwest; Alaska Airlines; British Airways; Flying Tiger Lines; Japan Airlines; Korean Airlines; China Airlines; Singapore Airlines; Air Canada; Southwest; and Hawaiian.

* Michael and Kathleen Sparer (the couple who sold Hilton the house)

* Kathleen Sparer's employer, Cashin Real Estate Company

* Real estate agents Francis Hunter and Gina Haggerty

* Hunter and Haggerty's employer, Coldwell Banker

* Jet engine makers Rolls Royce Company and General Electric

* Jet manufacturers Boeing, Airbus and McDonnell Douglas

* An unknown inspector

* 500 other unknown defendants, who, we can only imagine, are all carriers, air traffic controllers, screeners, rental car companies, cabbies, retailers, janitors, parking attendants and the chauffeurs who hold up those little signs.

-------------------------------------------------------------

AirDOGGe: Nobody flew unsafely or "buzzed" anyone, , and his home isn't even that close to the airport (the home is a few miles away on a hillside), yet aviation and so many even slightly involved with it get the finger pointed at them.

You never know what idiot is going to complain about aircraft. Part of the insanity of life, I guess.
                Last edited by AirDOGGe; 11-17-2009, 04:37 PM.

Comment

I know this is a very old thread but I wanted to add that David Riggs managed to kill himself and a passenger in a lancair by trying to ski the main gear on water while it was raining.

Comment

Working...
                  X