Galloping Ghost...so close!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galloping Ghost...so close!

I don't know if this has been posted here before or not.
    An awesome article written by Scotty Germain about the crew's monumental efforts to get the Ghost to Reno 2009.
    A great read! And this gives just a slight idea of what was accomplished by this team!
    Amazing job! Looking forward to seeing the Ghost in 2010!

to Jimmy Jack Dirk...

(the Guys there I know) and ALL of the others that gave 250% a BIG THANK YOU. I can't wait to see it at PRS this spring. Having done those "thrashes" in the past I know just how hard but REWARDING it is to do. If you give it your all you never come up short in my eyes, it was just not meant to happen. again THANKS FOR THE HUGE EFFORT!

Comment

Re: Galloping Ghost...so close!

I know the crew put in tons of hours on this, and it would of been great to see her flying into Reno, but you have to admit the pit sign they had was one of the funnier things seen in Reno in recent years........
      Attached Files

Comment

Lol! I know some customized unlimiteds are getting smaller annd lighter, but jeez!

Comment

So, is it still in Minden? or did they take it back home? If it's in Minden, are they going to leave it there? or perhaps base it at Stead? 2010 should be one for the books........the record books hopefully.
          Brian

Comment

LOL, no doubt....now you see why the wind was such an isue huh?

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
              So, is it still in Minden? or did they take it back home? If it's in Minden, are they going to leave it there? or perhaps base it at Stead? 2010 should be one for the books........the record books hopefully.
              Brian
              From reading the report on the Leeward Air Ranch page they plan on going back and forth to Minden every month or so to work on and test the plane, so I think it will be there at least through Reno of next year.
              Jason
              Jason Schillereff

Comment

What could have been...Anson Johnsons racer, at Bradley...

jim

Comment

Originally posted by Harley909 View Post
                  What could have been...Anson Johnsons racer, at Bradley...

jim
                  Any idea what the plans are for that airframe? Stocker at some point I assume.

Comment

Anson's airplane is now part of the Bradley Air Museum and will go on static display. NO work has been done on this machine in a long time and, although they want to start restoration it is not a priority. It will be restored in the race configuration. According to the staff that allowed us access to her.

jim

Comment

The Ghost is still here in Minden... Yay!!!

Comment

Wow I never knew Johnsons scoopless mustang ran at over 500 mph, in 1952za!

Check out http://www.warbirdaeropress.com/articles/race45.html

Neon, the plane in your pictures seems to have a stocker canopy, but the scoop gone also??? did someone start returning it to stock?

CG

Comment

Originally posted by goldfinger View Post
                          Wow I never knew Johnsons scoopless mustang ran at over 500 mph, in 1952za!

Check out http://www.warbirdaeropress.com/articles/race45.html

Neon, the plane in your pictures seems to have a stocker canopy, but the scoop gone also??? did someone start returning it to stock?

CG
                          No, that it the configuration it raced in. That was long before people started putting canopies on Mustangs like we see today.

Comment

Working...
                          X