Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'BUCK SHOTS'

RACE: Saturday's UNLIMITED Bronze Heat 3C (9-19-09) - Outer 7 Pylon

Veteran race pilot- Jimmy Leeward's havin' way too much fun racing his pal- Doug Matthews' classic F4U-4 Corsair - Race #24! Wait a second- it just gets better...

It's a veritable- 'Floridian 3-Way Duel' goin' on, in a close fight for 2nd-Place! Jimmy manages to keep BOTH- Fred Cabanas' P51D #52-'American Beauty' AND Doug Matthews in Sea Fury #117-'Bad Attitude' at bay ("Jimmy- You're not supposed to beat me w/MY AIRPLANE, man!")

Leeward finished the 6-lap heat in 2nd @ 315.891-av/mph, w/Matthews in 3rd @ 315.687-av/mph & Cabanas in 4th @ 315.121-av/mph! THAT'S GREAT RACIN'!!!

AND... all this action's happening BEHIND- 1st-place finisher- John-Curtiss Paul's Curtiss P-40N Race #17-'Parrothead' (321.549-av/mph)!!! (Jimmy Buffett would be damn proud about all this, I just KNOW IT!)

Now, how cool is THAT, huh?

DBD
    Attached Files

Re: 'BUCK SHOTS'

That is VERY COOL!!!
    Kathleen

Comment

That second shot is pretty amazing

Comment

Fantastic Bucky! Thanks for sharing them here.
        Matt
        Super Genius Rocket Scientist
        NCAR Rocks!!!

Comment

DBD
          You don´t know me for sure, but at least through this forum, I can thank you for all your cool threads with pictures illustrated with a piece of racing history.
          Happy 35th Reno birthday

Comment

You never cease to amaze me Bucky, awesome spread!!!!
            "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

RACE: Sunday's UNLIMITED Gold Final (9-20-09) - Outer 4 Pylon

Hunting 4 Gold - "The Pack at Yer Back"! Here's a photo detail- capturing the view young Steve Hinton flying #7-STREGA might've seen during Sunday's UNLTD Gold Championship, while holding onto the lead at the start of Lap-1, (IF- #7 had a canopy fitted w/twin Spitfire mirrors, ala-WW2 ETO P51s, that is ): Will Whiteside in #5-Voodoo, John Penney in #77-Rare Bear, Dan Martin in #20-Ridge Runner III & Sherm Smoot in #86-Czech Mate, are all running at Hinton's heels like a pack of hungry wolves 'on the scent'! (Talk about- "Makin' the Coffee Nervous"...!)

Probably best Steve DIDN'T have any mirrors to distract from his cockpit chore list! No worries... Hinton never looked back ever & jumped ahead of everyone else- stretching his lead margin for the entire race to take the checkered flag & the Reno 2009 NCAR Championship title- as the youngest champion in air racing history. OH YEAH!!!

DBD

P.S. Thanks everyone for your kind kudos!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by BuckyD; 10-09-2009, 07:27 PM.

Comment

That is soooooo cool. Bucky, can you print a copy of that. I'll gladly pay for it.

Eric
                Cheers

Comment

My god, that is AMAZING! Great Picture!

Jarrod

Comment

Now that's just "plane" BITCHIN'! Nice work from a true master of the glass! I have just one word to say, MORE PLEASE! OK that's two. Thanks Buck........
                    "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

OKEEDOKEE! - Here's just ONE more for now...

John Penney & Race #77- RARE BEAR. Again, Sunday's '09 UNLTD GOLD- Outer 4 Pylon...

(Hav'ta admit: I'm a-likin' the new BEAR colors more!)

DBD
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by BuckyD; 11-29-2012, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Friday (9/18/09) - 6:47pm - Media Opns Center - Wild Orchid Girls Visit

Winding-down from a long day out in the hot & dusty Nevada desert working the heat races & packing around a ton of camera gear, it was time for some refreshments & sharing the day's highlights w/friends and colleagues as the sun began to set out yonder behind the hills to the west of Stead Air Field.

I heard some musical-sounding young female voices call out in my direction: "Hey, Mr. Photographer! - Don't ya wanna take OUR picture?"

I hesitated for a second...(Holy Moley, they talkin' to me? -I wasn't about to reply- "Sorry, Girls, I only shoot airplanes..., but, Hey-Thanks for asking!")

But REALLY- Hey, Girls- Thanks INDEED for asking!!!

DBD

Just seein' if yer payin' attention out there in cyberland, folks.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Bucky, Just wanted to thank you for the Great shot of myself and the
                          Crew on Pylon IM-1. Great moment catured in time! What a beautiful
                          picture as well as having so much meaning to us. TY

ScottBayless

Comment

Bucky,
                            Don't you love it when that happens... the gorgeous young ladies see the camera and ask for a pic of them
                            race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Nice shots Bucky, I always enjoy your pictures thanks for posting.

Comment

Working...
                              X