No announcement yet.

Ridge Runner III - The Road to Reno...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridge Runner III - The Road to Reno...

Great write-up and thanks for sharing!

Can you please tell what caused the oil leak on the run on Sunday?
    The guys were checking it closely as it was being wiped up.

Gary

Comment

Wow. What a great write up. Thank you so much for spending the time to let us in on the action. That bird is super clean and I have always thought that if I were to own a P-51 this would be my top pick. Clean, beautiful, functionable, AND FAST. You guys should be totally proud.

Thanks again. Now I better let you go get workin for next year.
      Gotta love it!!
      Dustin
      My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

It's posts of this quality that make my yearly contribution to this forum just as good an investment as wild women and hard liquor...well, almost.
        I pledge $10 more. Wayne, send me a PM with the name you want on the check and an address, even if it is on the wrong side of the mountains.... I will try and write it down this year....
        Chris in Spokane
        Last edited by Coyote Chris; 07-31-2012, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Geat post. Thanks Mike.

Comment

Thanks Mike (aka SA)................Great write up,not too wordy at all.
            In fact twice as long would have been just fine with me.
            Do you have an estimate for man hours on a transformation job of this magnatitude? Again Thanks for sharing. Thanks for Keeping em flying.

Brian (aka B2)

Comment

Very well written piece, and a real eye opener. Thank you and please run for the gold again next year!

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to enlighten the rest of us, very interesting, perhaps the best of the year!

It was mentioned in a post elsewhere that 2009 was probably the last year for RRIII's September transformation. Has there been any reconsideration of that yet? Maybe, hopefully?

With all the work that was put into the scoop, and more engine tricks to test, it would be a shame not to

Comment

Thanks for such a great descriptive write up, Mike. Enjoyed every word of it.

Comment

I would just like to share my small story about the Martin's. During the tearing down of the Merlin, I stopped by the Pit area and was trying to get a group sketch signed by Dan of all the Gold Racers (I had done it early in the year so I had drawn Dago Red).

Eric Martin walked me over to the hanger and asked his Father who was on his back below Ridge Runner to sign my drawing. His Father Dan stood up cleaned his hands and signed my drawing. I must say I was embarassed to say the least for interupting Mr. Martin.

I will be framing and keeping my signed drawing of all the Aircraft and Pilots from the Gold Class, they were all very gracious when asked and I will always appreciate the extra mile the Martin's went. Thanks, KC
                    Last edited by KAHNZILLA; 10-01-2009, 10:49 AM.

Comment

That's great stuff! This is the sort of information that was asked for on the other thread. Thanks so much! Please add more if it comes to mind. Fantastic reading.

Tommy

Comment

I've have had the privilege of watching Dan and his great crew prepping Dago and Ridge Runner for Reno during the last two summers. It is impressive to say the least! Dan is out there 6 days a week from morning till night. And when September inches it's way closer, he and his crew can be seen there daily and all day long.

The Ridge Runner Crew has always been friendly to everyone who comes by. Even when some of us are bouncing Whiffle Balls off of Dan's hangar roof!

Thanks for being a Great Neighbor!

Jimmy Neutron

Comment

Holy smokes! Mike, that was fantastic! Can't thank you, or the rest of the RR III team enough for sharing even this "over simplified" (not) behind the scenes look. As others have said, one of, if not THE best post I've ever read here. BRAVO!

Matt
                          Super Genius Rocket Scientist
                          NCAR Rocks!!!

Comment

Mike,
                            very well written, now how about the money and logistics part of the operation?

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Martin View Post
                              Mike,
                              Wow, he's allowed to do a write up on you guys, and now has to pay for it??? Tough group! j/k

Tommy

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Martin View Post
                                Mike,
                                I think I can speak for this crowd in saying "share any and all info that are comfortable with" and there can be more than one author. :-)

I, too, am savoring the info. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X