An Open Letter to the Air Race Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: An Open Letter to the Air Race Fan

I can't fault RARA for much as I'm sure they get the best they can afford. Bringing the military demo teams in must cost a small fortune (free gas, free lodging, food, support vehicles, etc) The Blues were at the Redding Air Show a week later... bonus!

I know there is a war on in the Mideast sandbox so it's hard to have some other military demos but I sure missed the F22 demo from last year. The plane is unbelievable. Having never seen one outside TV, I would love to see a V-22 Osprey demo. Come honking in at full tilt and then.... stop. Harrier? same thing. A BUFF doing a low, low high speed pass... gulp! The C-17 demo was awesome. They are always flying around up here (King Salmon, AK) but that was the first time I have seen a max performance landing/takeoff demo. Watching Fat Albert was fun too. I'm easy to please when it come to military hardware. I've been around it most of my adult life and I can never get enough.

Patty Wagstaff was great, my only regret is she was never around her plane when we were searching for autographs. My cousin (first time attendee BTW - he will be back!) is gah-gah for Patty...but, well maybe next time.

Everyone in our box agreed- bring back Kent Pietsch. We miss you, Kent!

We were in the church RV lot from Wednesday to Monday, sorry we never made it over the AAFO BBQ. It was on the list but things kept coming up...were there name tags this year?

Can't wait until next year. Bear will have something other than a bomber motor inside so I expect the Witch to have a challenge in 2010.

Congrats to Steve... Well get him next year, John!!

Don and Sylvia
    Box A-81
    Go #77 !

Comment

Working...
    X