WAP.com Server Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAP.com Server Change

WarbirdAeroPress.com is in the middle of a server change, and as most visitors here at AAFO.com and P1.com know, there is going to be some down time.

This is what is going on right now...

WAP will be down for some period of time, hopefully not to exceed a day or two.

Like I told Wayne, I'm a Pile-It, not a web guy. I do the best I can with the limited brain cells I haven't killed yet.

Thank for the soapbox, Wayne...

Scotty G
    Scotty G

Hey Scotty...

Good luck whit da move!

There is no real easy way to do it, unfortunately!

Some better than others but always some downtime..

Lookin forward to killin a few more cells next time at Reno.. you buyin first round.. right

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

We're Baaaaaaaaaack...

Most of WAP is back up. Thanks for the patience during the move!

And Wayne...

Of course I'm buying the first round.... But you get number two and Mike Gallager will have to get the third...

Scotty G
      Scotty G

Comment

Scotty,

You're up and running from here (PDX area) no message board yet tho..

(yew prolly knew that )

It's been my experience with server changes to have some DNS servers not refresh often enough (like three to four weeks is pretty stale) and have some visitors seeing the old pages for a month, or, in some cases, with some of the old "mom and pop" ISP's way longer.. seems they do not refresh their DNS caches on a regular basis.. or are serving pages via the Squid server method.. they cache pages within the server and send you what *they* have on file, not what the site is actually showing. They save a LOT of bandwidth that way but it's actually cheating the customer and you can tweek your browser settings to not hit their cachecow things..

<soapbox> I strongly dislike AOL and others practices of "caching the net" to save bandwidth.. in fact, AOL does not only do that, they actually send compressed versions of images that are HUGELY compressed and look like crap! Which is why I have that little "AOL" button on the front page of the site, it's not a ad, it's a set of directions on how to flush your browser cache and set your aol browser to NOT accept the compressed/cached versions of our graphics.. In fact, their practice of doing this has been the target of proposed (maybe actually done) class action suits because technically, that is violation of copyright as it is altering the product and serving it from their server, not where it actually comes from.. </soapbox>

Ok.. I feel better now

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Totally agree on the AOL BS!

Message board beeeee UP!

Scotty G

Comment

You're right Scott... I'll buy round 3 and maybe 4... MG
            MG

Comment