STREGA!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: STREGA!!!!

Yea it's been a cool 95-102 in Reno for the last couple weeks. But it has also been RAINING the last few days. Over 1/2" in two hors on Tuesday night just north of Stead. Driving home that evening in Cold Springs I was in blinding sun reflecting off the road, while the thundestorms winds whipped a huge cloud of dust off of the dry lake. It was actually rianing mud, at least that is what was landinfgon my windsheild. Got to love the desert!
    Missed PRS, looking forward to seeing Strega in September!
    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
      Yea it's been a cool 95-102 in Reno for the last couple weeks. But it has also been RAINING the last few days. Over 1/2" in two hors on Tuesday night just north of Stead. Driving home that evening in Cold Springs I was in blinding sun reflecting off the road, while the thundestorms winds whipped a huge cloud of dust off of the dry lake. It was actually rianing mud, at least that is what was landinfgon my windsheild. Got to love the desert!
      Missed PRS, looking forward to seeing Strega in September!
      Isn't N. Nevada great Leo? Gotta love it! I've seen the most unusual things happen here weather wise in the last 40 yrs.
      "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

I've only lived here 6-1/2 and never cease to be surprised. Lately i've been working outside a lot in evenings and on weekends, being a rent-a-cop again as a second job. I either get roasted or rained on, sometimes both, and sometimes the temperature drop after the sun goes down is amazing!
        You would think that after 30+ years of air races I would expect anything, but the desert still amazes me.
        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by t-dub View Post
          It was a cool 98 in Stead today. We've had two weeks straight of temps above 96. Looks like a heat wave is going on all over the West Coast................103 in Seattle? That's gotta be a record!
          It was into the "hundred-teens" in the Cascade foothills East of Seattle proper yesterday, and Bellingham (on the water almost in Canada) set an all time record high temperature of 96. Yep, it is ugly, miserable, uncomfortable, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Propellerhead View Post
            oooOOOooo back when weathermen REALLY knew how to f-up a forecast!
            My weatherman would draw REAL fast when he had NO idea what was gonna' happen! LMAO
            THX Phred!
            Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

Heat records set in Seattle, Bellingham (20 minutes south of us), and here in the Fraser Valley, Vancouver and much of BC.
              We're making hay; well Dave is making hay, and he's not enjoying it much. There's not even any airborne entertainment for him
              Rachel

Comment

Originally posted by Propellerhead View Post
                Woody Allen and angst about the forecast?
                Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Working...
                X