STREGA!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STREGA!!!!

I was on my way home from a four day houseboat trip. I look over and see two planes flying at Stregas base, Minter Field. I automatically drive over there and see that it was strega and Wee Willy a P-51 from Chino. As we get on the taxiway to watch they made a few high and slow formation passes. Preety soon Wee Willy made a speed pass and Strega a very high speed pass later on. Along with the passes they were practicing racing around a course in formation. As they taxiied in i noticed Kevin Eldridge was driving Wee Willy and Jr. was driving Strega. After they parked we saw Tiger arrive in his Tahoe after watching Jr. We said hi to both of them and then we were off. It was real sweet and may have been the trip highlight. Also in the hangar near where they parked was Czech Mate and the P-51 Man o War. Sorry i didnt have a Camera with me so i am real sorry i dont have pics.
    GRNDP51
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: STREGA!!!!

Good spottin man!! I believe the Mustang is the "Rebel"
    "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Which mustang? The one in the hangar? Im sure that was Man o war.
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

It is Man-O-War in the Strega hanger. It's there for it's annual and some mods/repairs. But it was not Kevin Eldridge flying Wee Willy. It was LD Hughes. Steve-O brought Wee Willy up on Sunday morning. Both planes flew on Sunday, Monday,Tuesday and then Wee Willy left this morning. Needless to say we were all out at Shafter most all of the last few days and I have got the sunburn to prove it! Watching LD and Steve-O do some formations, low passes, etc. yesterday afternoon/evening was just WAY COOL (even though it is really HOT here right now!)
        Kathleen

Comment

Weather.com says 101 forecast for Bakersfield tomorrow -- yeah, but it's a dry heat right?

Comment

There was actually another Hinton flying Strega last weekend.........I'll give you a hint... this one's first name isn't Steve!

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
              Which mustang? The one in the hangar? Im sure that was Man o war.
              My bad, 51!!! I think Rebel was there during the Tiger victory party!
              "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

That would be John.
                Last edited by Strega Fan; 07-29-2009, 08:18 PM.
                Kathleen

Comment

101 in Bakersfield? Not to brag, or maybe it's a testamony to my stupidity, but here in Bullhead City, Az, it was 124 on my front porch yesterday. It cooled off to 115 today. LOL!
                  Last edited by Reever; 07-29-2009, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Officially 103 in Seattle (SeaTac) today...and that's not a dry heat.

Comment

It was a cool 98 in Stead today. We've had two weeks straight of temps above 96. Looks like a heat wave is going on all over the West Coast................103 in Seattle? That's gotta be a record!
                      "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

I'v been around Bakersfield when it's been over a hundred, and I've also been to Portalnd when it's been in the 90's...I'll take the heat in Bakersfield any day over the missery of Portland when it gets hot. And yes, I do believe the temp in Seattle was a new all time high...and that just had to be super misserable. Even though it's been in the upper 90's here in the Reno/Sparks/Stead area it's been quite livable.

LP

Comment

109 at my house in portland yesterday. Ugly, stupid, horrible, nasty hot.

Comment

The high here yesterday... 80, and a low last night of 56. Of course the winds were also in the 30mph range most of the night too.
                            Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                            My Photos
                            My Ride

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X