Mentors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mentors

During fourty five days I´ve had the great pleasure of working with Dan Blackwell, from Pittsburg. We worked on modifications and refurbish of T-34 Mentors, starting with two of them, with Blackwell teaching and tutoring our work.
    It came out to be a very good task thanks to his proficiency and skillfullness, besides he is a very good guy.
    Just wanted to share my experiencies.
    Good Friday!

Re: Mentors

Ahhh mentors. Now there's a worthy topic.

How about James Flanagan our mechanic for a couple of decades. Definitely taught me a thing or two about fabrication.
    Was working in the hagar one day and in walks Jimmy with a new craftsman box wrench in his hand. He shaves it down on the grinder for a couple of minutes, clamps it in a vice and goes after it with a torch and pair of chanel lock pliers. I asked him why he just bent the hell out of a brand new wrench. He looks up at me and says "because Craftsman doesn't make a wrench that looks like this."

TJ Dwelle

Comment

TDW
      You make me remember to Paul DiMartini, great guy, who made the sheet metal work on the Mentors, and Blackwell said he is "a Bull in a China Cabinet". Paul used to be a marine, and he is very strong, and as they say, the tool is good if the marine cannot break it. We did enjoyed a lot working together.

Comment

Oh, you were talking of T-34 mentors....I thought the topic was people that have mentored us...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by TWD View Post
          Oh, you were talking of T-34 mentors....I thought the topic was people that have mentored us...LOL
          I´m sorry if I diverted in an Off Topic.
          Well, thinking more deeply, you are right, I refer to both Mentors.

Comment

Working...
          X