Kerch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerch

What a great photo! However, the caption is backwards. Dago is taxiing out for an AM test flight and Kerch has his fingers crossed, but the eyes betray his confidence in his machine.... Peas
    Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
    World Speed Record Holder

Re: Kerch

Originally posted by Peashooter
    What a great photo! However, the caption is backwards. Dago is taxiing out for an AM test flight and Kerch has his fingers crossed, but the eyes betray his confidence in his machine.... Peas
    Peas.. according to Jeff, this shot is, indeed, after the test run. More than likely, he's crossing his fingers in hope there is nothing in the screens or other problems?

Jeff??

Wayne

PS.. REALLY Great photo! Probably the best candid I've ever seen of Kerch.
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: Kerch

Thanks for the complement, Wayne.

It was indeed after Dago Red came back in and less than 10 minutes before Strega cranked and went out. Skip had brought Dago in, the crew took a quick look then Kerch walked over to the small crowd watching and was talking to someone there. I was standing back a ways with a long lens trying to get Dago to fill the frame and blown out of focus behind her crew chief. I took a bunch of ho-hum photos, but when I saw him cross his fingers I knew I had gotten lucky.

Jeff
      Jeff Lo
      Biplane race #13 "Miss Gianna"
      Biplane race #6 "Miss Dianne"

Comment

Can't argue with the photographer!
        Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
        World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Kerch

I can only add; Great photo Jeff! Nicely seen and nicely done.

Kerch is one Reno's all time great photo subjects -- always interesting, and always with interesting people around him.

Neal

Comment

Jeff Lo's Kerch Photo

Jeff-

That's not only a- 'Great' photo, it is in my humble opinion one of the alltime BEST people portraits I've ever had the pleasure of seeing: perfect exposure, perfect composition (the out of focus Dago background helps make it so fantastic), and it PERFECTLY captures the essence of 'THE MAN' we love to admire.

Many thanks to Jeff for sharing, and to Wayne for hosting & posting it! (For me it's- Pic of the Year!). I wanna buy an 8x10 glossy (or trade for a racing shot I might have of Flyin' Lo...) BRAVO !!!

Don Dawson

Comment

Swapping photos

Don,

I'd be happy to swap an 8x10 of my Kerch photo for a good shot or two of me in the Pitts. Drop me an email and we'll figure out the details.

Jeff
              Jeff Lo
              Biplane race #13 "Miss Gianna"
              Biplane race #6 "Miss Dianne"

Comment

Working...
              X