Any modelers out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any modelers out there?

Just wanted to share with everyone on my latest kit. It's the High Planes 1/72 Miss Ashley II. It has a scratchbuilt cockpit, gear actuators, and antennas. Here's a pic of it and a link if anybody else is interested. Let me know what you think, good or bad.

Also if there are any modelers out there, what are you working on?

Last edited by Race Nerd; 02-24-2009, 05:46 PM.

Re: Any modelers out there?

WOW, that is insane... Great job!!!

Comment

Diffrent kind of modeling but heres my latest flying model test flight,now its time to fix all the paint work and show it off!!!!
      r/c reno pushy cat formula replica/webra 120 pusher

Jim Adams
      Blue Thunder 2 crew
      Picabo race 51 crew
      Rapid Travel race 75 crew

Comment

Thats really cool. Nice work. I have a couple projects in the works, a scoopless Mustang (working on a clean way to delete the scoop), a clipped wing F4U4 Corsair, and a race prepped Sea Fury. The Corsair is the only one with paint on it, and the closest to being finished, but its still a long way off.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by rc38pilot View Post
          Diffrent kind of modeling but heres my latest flying model test flight,now its time to fix all the paint work and show it off!!!!
          r/c reno pushy cat formula replica/webra 120 pusher

http://vacavalleyrc.com/

Okay, where do I get a set of plans for a 1.20 size Pushy Cat?

Don

Comment

I've been working on converting a 1/48 Revell P-51D to an R-4360. Been at that one for several years.
            Tony

Comment

Originally posted by hattend View Post
              Okay, where do I get a set of plans for a 1.20 size Pushy Cat?

Don
              Wish I knew were to get plans,I got it from a friend in a trade.The story he gave me was a guy in sac,ca made 4 from scratch and the first 3 crashed on there maiden flight making this the only one left.I had to guess were the cg should be and how much travel on the flight controls!!Wish I knew more info to give.I did notice that in some pics it had a small conard on the front,does anybody know if this was functional or just in a fixed position?
              Jim Adams
              Blue Thunder 2 crew
              Picabo race 51 crew
              Rapid Travel race 75 crew

Comment

Wish I knew were to get plans,I got it from a friend in a trade.The story he gave me was a guy in sac,ca made 4 from scratch and the first 3 crashed on there maiden flight making this the only one left.I had to guess were the cg should be and how much travel on the flight controls!!Wish I knew more info to give.I did notice that in some pics it had a small conard on the front,does anybody know if this was functional or just in a fixed position?

RCM Magazine published a set some time ago.

However, RCM has technically since gone out of the magazine business and I'm not sure what the current state of things are with the plan service. For awhile, one could still purchase plans.

Michael

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	kt2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	220548
                  My model of Don Fairbanks Imperial Knight Twister. Yes it's a control line model and yes it flies

Comment

Very cool model great detail. all of my models are the flying kind, My fav is a kondor models critcal mass only been flown twice, both times not a good ending. I need more stick time before I fly it again, but it was fast!!!!! Just to much airplane for my skills Also had a world models Nemsis that was a blast to fly but she endend up like many other models!
                    (some times you run out of altitude and ideas at the same time) not my line but it sums up what happen. also several other stick planes and a 27% cap 232 that is not finished yet

Comment

Now that I think about it, I believe Dave Leininger's Dad might be the one that built these. I recall having a conversation with him about it and that there's molds for it...

Michael

Comment

Mine fly too.......

Some old ones.
                        Attached Files
                        Red
                        chanting...400+

Comment

Originally posted by eeyore View Post
                          [ATTACH]12510[/ATTACH]
                          My model of Don Fairbanks Imperial Knight Twister. Yes it's a control line model and yes it flies
                          eeyore -- here's the White Knight and Don Fairbanks about 1970, taken by my dad.
                          Attached Files
                          Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                          World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Great Pic anyway you could send photocopy yes I made the contrast color too red but I was going of a magaizine that was off color

Comment

Here are some pics of my 1/8 scale Stiletto 1984 national champ.I scratch built it from balsa,ply,foam and fiberglass.Painted with epoxy paint and vinyl graphics. Is powered by a reworked Rossi.45 with retracts and does about 130 mph. I really is hoot to fly.I was working on a 1/5 scale Stiletto but had to stop project to do other things.
                              Juan
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X