Clear All

Matt: Don't let your boss hear you say that! <g> Peas
    Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
    World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Johnston
      Any other questions?
      Mark,

Great shot! Home pylon? Gotta get out there whitcha's again sometime!

*Now* whatdoya think of digital !

I have to admit.. that Canon you got is supburb! Going to motor along with the "old" D1 for a year or so longer, then maybe when Nikon (investment in lenses ya'know) comes out with the killer competition to the Canon... take the plunge.... again... <gulp>

Nice to not have to support Fuji anymore and get great results ey!

Wayne
      PS.. if you try to email me and it gets bounced, let me know via the board. I've had to knock out a ton of IP ranges to my email server to keep a HUGE volume of SPAM from burying ligit email.. A lot of it comes in from your area of the world..
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
        Mark,

Great shot! Home pylon? Gotta get out there whitcha's again sometime!

Let's try at PRS!

*Now* whatdoya think of digital !

I like it a lot better than when I used a digital camera in 1997 or so - lo-res photos, ate batteries, yukk.

I sure don't miss having to use the scanner!

I've had to knock out a ton of IP ranges to my email server to keep a HUGE volume of SPAM from burying ligit email.. A lot of it comes in from your area of the world..
        Really? You get a lot of SPAM out of Japan? Or do you mean China?

Anyway - check out Cloudmark SpamNet - www.cloudmark.com/products/spamnet. Pretty interesting concept.

Best,

MJ

Comment

Where Were You?

Hey Mark J: Where were you for the photo of September Pops. My faves are your Miss Trinidad shots -- you can see the whites of Tom Camps eyes! Peas
          Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
          World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Re: Where Were You?

Originally posted by Peashooter
            Hey Mark J: Where were you for the photo of September Pops. My faves are your Miss Trinidad shots -- you can see the whites of Tom Camps eyes! Peas
            Peas - top of home pylon for the Miss Trinidad and Sept Pops shots.

Regards,

Mark

Comment

Reviving An Old Thread

Hummn... while digging around (like I don't have anything better to do.. don't tell my boss I'm goofing off at work!) I found this thread from.. was it last year... (how time flies!)..

It sparked a thought.. how many of you think we'll see the magic barrier broken this year and by whom???

For sure, breaking that barrier does not pay a dime more, and it probably costs plenty!

Is it worth it to be "the one" who did it... will anyone try it??

Wow.. looking at the time clock on the racing page.. can it really be ony that few days till "Reno"!!!!!!?!??

Wayne
              PS to Mark J.... if you read this.. the photos you linked to are no longer available and show as red xxx's.. if yer "boss" will let ya... feel free to upload to the database for this board..
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Sounds like poll time.

Wayne,

Sounds like a poll would be good on this subject....What ya' think. My bet is it could be done (500MPH lap) by both Dago and Bear... but I am glad I am able to go and find out in person this year.
                Randy Rheinschild
                www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

804.682 km/h lap?

What's so special about that speed? The 800 km/h barrier was already broken last year ;-)
                  Anders

Comment

Re: 804.682 km/h lap?

Originally posted by Anders
                    What's so special about that speed? The 800 km/h barrier was already broken last year ;-)
                    Anders
                    Anders, it's just one of those "magic" number/barriers that racers, achievers want to have on their wall... Don't pay "nuttin" so, it's not really worth the effort IMHO.. but then, nether do the speed records...

Ya gotta love these guy's "pluck" in going for *any* of these records!

Ahh.. what's a KMH anyway

WaynerfromVegas
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: 804.682 km/h lap?

Well, I guess we will never see a 900 km/h piston-powered lap, not to mention a 500 kt lap, so let's celebrate the next barrier, whichever unit it's measured in! A missed opportunity last year, though, but of course us metric people have more opportunities to celebrate, since the kilometre is so short and the milestones (!) are closer to each other...

Anders from Europe
                      (By the way, km/h means kilometres per hour - the speed unit used in the non-Anglo-Saxon parts of the world ;-)

Comment

metric.....

.....do we formulate like the " MacKenze Brothers"
                        (from the '70's)(comedy pair)
                        .......(loose,misinterpeted....fast temprature conversion)

......double it and add 5

....their solution.......metric "six pack"

6+6=12,+5+17....17 beers in a metric six pack.....

.....I'd say there is somthing to be said for the metric system!
                        Mayday51
                        Jim Gallagher

Comment

Re: Re: 804.682 km/h lap?

Originally posted by Anders
                          (By the way, km/h means kilometres per hour - the speed unit used in the non-Anglo-Saxon parts of the world ;-)
                          LOL.. Anders, I was being "tongue in cheek".. us Americans are pretty "egotistical" about our MPH "thing".. by "asking" the rhetorical question, I was "playing" the "role" of the "Imperial" measurment protaginistic American....

Don't mind me folks.. I'm in "Vegas" enjoying my 52nd birthday with a wonderful friend who is a little more "under the spirits" than myself at the moment so I'm goofiing off on my laptop on my "unlimited" local calls, using my International dialup and, well.. just plain goofing off!

Hey, I'm a birthday boy... so I can take a few liberties ey!

Waynewhoisstill18atheart!
                          Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Birthday? Vegas? 2:00 A.M.?
                            We need to have a talk Wayne, You're going about "goofing off" in totally the wrong way.......

Happy Birthday!
                            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

hear hear happy birthday Wayne (probably hungover by now). mine was saturday had a great time at the Rodaayyyoo with Jack Daniels.
                              ECVSteve
                              E Clampus Vitus SST #1827, #1850
                              Reno Fan since around "82"

Comment

Originally posted by ecvsteve
                                hear hear happy birthday Wayne (probably hungover by now). mine was saturday had a great time at the Rodaayyyoo with Jack Daniels.
                                LOL... thanks guys, nope, no hangover... secret formula comes to the rescue once again...

I do not know how people can live here! It has been well over 100 degrees every day for quite a while, forcast to remain so for several more and it barely cools to the high 80's by morning... very hot area!

Off to melt in the streets again... or, stay cool inside..

Wayne
                                Wayne Sagar
                                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                                X