No announcement yet.

Mike Brown retiring from Air Racing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mike Brown retiring from Air Racing?

Originally posted by Inverted
    Thats exactly why I said there goes the 09 season. I think the future of Unlimited air racing is scary.
    Let's not panic.
    _________
    -Matt
    Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mluvara
      Thanks for the google link. What a great invention the google earth map where you can zoom in and out. Nice location. Foothills of the Sierra Mountains.

Originally posted by Hawker Driver
      Yeah take a right and then a left and wait for the gate to open....

Lynn
      That's really all there is to it. Land, make a right then a left and your home. What a great idea.

I'm jealous, I want a home on the airport with airplanes also. Then I want a house on the lake with a hot rod boat...

Not to be nosey but what type of work does he do to acquire such expensive toys?
      Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 10-23-2008, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Just my opinion,but maybe it has something to do with the way he was passed on Sunday,and the good ol boy's way the rule's are enforced.

Comment

Originally posted by Inverted
          Any chance he will chime in for an official word?
          99.9999999999% no. Mike is a man of few words and isn't frequently seen giving interviews (if people haven't noticed).

As Paintboy said, let the speculation go. Mike made a decision for whatever it may be, let's all live with it.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by race9
            I would guess that it is mainly economics. It's expensive fielding three unlimited aircraft!
            Mike is bigger than economics and (not that you said it Race9) being pissed off about politics at the races.

He has issues to deal with at home and wants to chill out now. Racing and fielding 3 airplanes is a year-round effort, and he is ready to settle down and enjoy life as it is.

We all need to thank him and his family for what they gave us the last several years.

You won't find a more dedicated racer like he has been.

Comment

mike B. Is the sh#t, he Will be missed. He use to sit in box A24 he wants to come to the races A23 has room.

Comment

Thanks Mike I enjoyed watching you race

Comment

Thanks Mike for all you & your team did for the Air Race community over the years.
                  Lockheed Bob

Comment

Just goes to show why you should show up a Reno every year; you don't know when it might be the last time you see a plane or a pilot run.

For me I am glad I got to see Mike Brown and his planes, especially Big Bossman, fly the pylons. Thanks Mike for flying them "like you stole'em".

Comment

Hello all,

On behalf of the September Pops team, Al and I would like to thank all of you for your heart felt support and kind words through this process. How amazing it is to hear from everyone with such positive things to say! It has been 11 years since we began racing and the joy it has brought us is indefinable. As the years progressed and airplanes increased, so did our crew. They all worked incredibly hard and should be proud of everything they accomplished. As you all know, it takes year round effort, time and investment to field these planes and operate a race program of this caliber. It was always pursued with a fifth gear pined mentality and a heart felt desire to win, by all crew members.

We have incredible fans and appreciate the unwavering support, despite where or what our status was each year. This sport is very unique and we are so proud to have been a small part of it. Although the future is changing for us, we will not forget the fans, friends and incredible memories we have made.

Thank you again to each and every one of you!

Monique Brown
                      and
                      Al Loving

Comment

Originally posted by mo brown
                        It was always pursued with a fifth gear pined mentality and a heart felt desire to win, by all crew members.
                        Monique, I don't know how you could have chosen better words to sum up the years with your team's efforts at Reno!

MUCH color was added to the ramp and the course by your presence!

Thank YOU!

Wayne Sagar
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thanks to Mike Brown and all the crew for providing 3 amazing racers to make Reno great each time they came

Comment

Well...I see it´s official. I´m so sorry.
                            Thank you Mr. Brown and all the Team.
                            May be you come back to race again in the future, who knows? I hope so.
                            Everybody will be waiting for you with the open arms

Comment

Monique: "This sport is very unique and we are so proud to have been a small part of it. Although the future is changing for us, we will not forget the fans, friends and incredible memories we have made."

Mike Brown is an outstanding, talented, unlimited air race pilot and was one of the fiercest competitors in recent times out there on the course. If we don't see him again, either looking forward through the windscreen or the in rear view mirror, he will be missed.

A great, dedicated team and lovely family.......

"Low-'n-slow....lots of rudder in the turns......"

John Penney

Comment

From the Murray family, we will miss you and good luck in your future ventures.

Now here is hoping I win the lottery to scoop up a plane or two

Comment

Working...
                                X