No announcement yet.

Mike Brown retiring from Air Racing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mike Brown retiring from Air Racing?

Its a Damn shame.... I always loved readin the posts & watch the vids of 'Low Down' Brown on youtube etc... His throttle through the firewall style of racing was appreciated and i know that whoever buys any of the fleet will get themself a beautifully maintained airplane... just hope they bring bossman back...
    race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

It's just too bad. Thanks to Mike Brown and the team for all the air racing excitement they provided us. It was awesome!! I just hope these aircraft end up in hands that will keep them in as good of condition as Mike's team did. SHOW QUALITY!! And hopefully they will make it back to the races again.
      My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken from PG
        After a look at the ads on Courtesy it sounds like he is wanting to sell them
        Here you go Fenceliner
        WOW
        THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Comment

Thanks Stano. Great pics. Anybody out there want to buy the F-7F Tigercat for me? Ha! LOL. Last month has not been good for my nestegg.

Frank C.

Comment

I have always been a mustang fan but I looked around my office, and I just noticed I have far more Mike Brown signed sketches, pictures and posters than anything else. This is really sad for the race fan, thanks to Mike Brown & family for sharing your love of the sport. KC

Comment

Oh yea did you see SAWBONES is for sail also, thanks to them too...

Comment

Originally posted by KAHNZILLA
                Oh yea did you see SAWBONES is for sail also, thanks to them too...
                Yea, I saw that! That was quick - just one season of racing and already up for sale. Does anyone know the story behind that and why the sudden sale?

I would like to add my appreciation for everything Mr. Brown has given for us race fans. Thanks for a decade of great racing, sir!

Comment

What about the horrible economy, as well as the plumetting stock market?

Maybe Mike had these as investments?

Or needs to protect other investments?

I've seen some buddies lose a TON of money in the recent events.

I don't wanna hijack the thread, and cause any unwanted political talk here.

Just thinkin' what could be the cause of the cleansing of the Eagles Nest.

Doc

Comment

Originally posted by De Camara
                    What about the horrible economy, as well as the plumetting stock market?

Maybe Mike had these as investments?

Or needs to protect other investments?

I've seen some buddies lose a TON of money in the recent events.

I don't wanna hijack the thread, and cause any unwanted political talk here.

Just thinkin' what could be the cause of the cleansing of the Eagles Nest.

Doc
                    Good point. Or maybe he achieved what he wanted to and is moving on to something different. Lots of guys build and race cars, boats, you name it only to get bored and move on to another challenge. Winning the gold in your own airplane is a pretty big achievment in one lifetime.
                    Thanks for the memories.
                    "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

So much for the 09 season....
                      CFI/CFII/MEI
                      www.FLYMARKPOLLARD.com
                      www.InvertedCast.com - InvertedCast, The All Aviation Podcast!

Comment

Wonder what is happening with the plant in Ione, CA as well??

Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by Hawker Driver
                          Wonder what is happening with the plant in Ione, CA as well??

Lynn
                          See the front page of Courtesy Aircraft for relevant links

Comment

A guy I work with, who is best friends with Mike Browns hanger neighbor in Ione said he was selling everything including his business and moving to Hawaii. He doesn't know why Mike is doing this though.

Big Bossman was the first racer my wife ever liked (not an air race junky) and she is bummed. We will all miss Mike but hope all works out great for him.
                            Last edited by deepsky; 10-21-2008, 11:10 PM.
                            Tony

Comment

This is indeed a sad day in air racing history Mike has some of the best looking aircraft in the world. He will be missed. Thank you Mike Brown for all the memories

Comment

I'm in the market for a house right now... But I think the total price I'd be paying wouldn't even cover the down payment for Mike's place.
                                Like many have mentioned, I'm sad to see such wonderful aircraft up for sale with their future uncertain. BUT I understand that THIS is also a part of air racing. Aircraft and air racers come and go, I can only enjoy it from the sidelines.
                                Big thanks go out to Mike Brown for his many years of campaigning one hell of a racing team
                                Last edited by Stevo; 10-21-2008, 11:54 PM.
                                Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                                My Photos
                                My Ride

Comment

Working...
                                X