No announcement yet.

Mike Brown retiring from Air Racing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mike Brown retiring from Air Racing?

Thanks for all of the great races you gave us, Mr. Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudchaser427
      It seems like the Unlimited class is falling apart. Several long time war birds have dropped out in the last few years

Come on now. We just had the best gold race in close to 10 years. We have just recently learned that Furias is back with new owner and plans for full race mod package. Rod lewis has just bought The Jackson/Cornell racer. This years unlimited Gold champ has a new pilot that will be flying her when we are wearing adult diapers. (and a motor then didn't pop!!)

Waiting in the wings we have Galloping Ghost,Wildfire, and that Lear Solution rumor all nearing completion.

This sport has always been volatile. Things change, people come and go. Its very Sad to see MB go but its the nature of the beast. Perhaps someday it will be economicaly viable to race these beasts but untill then we are at the mercy of the whims of those who choose to pour their heart and soul into this wonderful( and exspensive, and DANGEROUS) hobby.

232 is a proven winner. Someone will buy her and go racing.

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!

Comment

Great shot Ken.
        Can you post some ramp shots?

Comment

Honestly there's nothing really "'shocking" about it... good teams come and go from the Unlimited class (and other classes) every single year.
          _________
          -Matt
          Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

That's the best shot of the T-Cat 3 ship yet, thanks Ken
            "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

September Fury for sale

Jarrod

Comment

Tigercat is now for sale too. http://www.courtesyaircraft.com/N805...at%20Specs.htm

Jarrod

Comment

Darn, If I had'nt filled the truck up with gas I'd have just enough...

To buy wax for one of them.
                  Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                  airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                  thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

I just wanted to say thanks to Mike B. for putting on one hell of a show. I was a fan right from the beginning and feel privliged to have seen Chubby haul ass.

Thanks for the memories.
                    Red
                    chanting...400+

Comment

Well... all I can say is that it will be very different without those three planes there... And I hope that whom ever buys them will continue to race them, or at the very least fly them.....

Comment

Man I'm kind of floored...always loved his balls out attitude and loved seeing him win in 2006. Sad to read this.

John

Comment

I hope whoever buys the Tigercat will continue to bring it Reno, it wouldn't be the same without it.

Comment

Like many on here, I really enjoyed seeing the stable of MB's racing aircraft. I'm sorry to see him selling them off, but I'm sure he has his reasons. Thanks Mike Brown for adding to my enjoyment at Reno. All the best to you and to the future owners of your airplanes. By the way, I'm now taking donations for the Tiger Cat, and yes, if I get it, I'll be at Reno. Thanks again Mike
                            Brian

Comment

It was a good run. My friends and I really enjoyed seeing the MB fleet every year. Thanks to Mr. Brown for adding new dimensions to our Reno experience. Who else would've brought one of only 4 flying Tigercats in the world to Reno and cruised it around the pylons for a solid week, just to amuse us wannabes? And the evolution of September Fury was amazing to watch. Here's to the whole September Pops Air Racing family.
                              Matt
                              Super Genius Rocket Scientist
                              NCAR Rocks!!!

Comment

After a look at the ads on Courtesy it sounds like he is wanting to sell them
                                Here you go Fenceliner
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Ken from PG; 10-20-2008, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X