An Air Racing Fall Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Air Racing Fall Fix

We're running in about four directions at once here, unfortunately, not getting any of the 4 things we're working on done.. once in a while, just to keep things moving along, just for fun, I'll post up a shot or two as I come across them...

This shot was taken during the very late in the day practice session at the Nellis Air Show last month. I had the distinct honor to fly backseat with Astronaut Curt Brown in Bob Button's L-39... When you do a shoot like this one, you actually get to see the trip when you finally get back to the bench and get to look at the photos. There is little time to just gawk... (though that would be fun!) So I get to see some of this stuff for the first time as you see it now.

Enjoy..

Wayne Sagar
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

One By Sue Petersen

This one was taken by one of our favorite ladies, Sue "Soop" Petersen, who flew down to keep us out of trouble down in Vegas.

Dago Red!
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Not Air Racin' but related...

"F-117's, clear the taxiway" ...

These poor guys had the misfortune of blocking the taxiway for a bunch of overheating, growing impatient air racers... as we tried to taxi out during Friday's practice session. Tower controllers had their squelch turned up too high and our communication needs caused one Rare Bear pilot to take matters into his own hands... I can only imagine what the two "Black" guys thought as that three bladed monster, obviously unable to see them, came at them on the taxiway!!

Image by: Sue Petersen
      Attached Files
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

One more for the Bear fans!

Can't tell you how good it felt to see and hear the Bear back in the air down at Vegas. The wait for the airplane down there knowing she was in the air with John having to go across that desert alone in a fresh rebuild, first time away from home for years, was... in a word.. tense.

Stacy Thomas, Scott Lister, Dann Slinker and the rest of the Bear Crew did a fantastic job with the new engine and the trip was a good one for John!

In this shot, the day's flying over, John Penney and Bob Avery of World of Wings take a minute to relax and refresh..
        Attached Files
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
        X