propellers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• propellers?

I was wondering if some one from the "Bear" camp could give us the evolution of the propellers that have been used on the Bear.

I know I've read all sorts of different stories . We don't need any trade secrets just a basic idea
    blacksheep
    Life's a Climb , But the view is Great

i may not be on the team anymore but i think the blade evolution goes like this, when the 3350 was mounted a cut down early model skyraider set of blades, soon after the changed to uncut a-1 blades till about '86 when the cut down p-3 blades were added...
    heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Propeller goes as follows:
      1969,1970 Stock stock length DC-7 Prop/C&S propellers
      1971-aproximately1986, stock Aeroproducts propeller with M20A- 162-0 blades.
      1986-1990 Stock Aeroproducts propeller with H20G-162-0 blades.
      1990-2002 Highly modified P-3/Constellation propeller.
      2003 Thats the secret now isn't it?

As stated before M20A-162-0 blade has the cuff on the trailing edge, H20G-162-0 blade has no cuff. Rare bear has never had a cut down Skyraider propeller.
      John Slack

Comment

thanks

Thanks John,

I'd heard about the skyraider prop as the first prop for a long time then lately some "all knowing writer"wasaying the 3 bladed prop was just a modified 4 blade(?)

Thanks again
        blacksheep
        Life's a Climb , But the view is Great

Comment

Re: thanks

Originally posted by blacksheep
          lately some "all knowing writer"wasaying the 3 bladed prop was just a modified 4 blade(?)
          Well, that's sort of true. It's a Connie hub (3-blade) with P-3 blades put on it. The P-3 has 4-bladed props. It's a stretch, but it's correct in a way.

Comment

Working...
          X