Blue Skies: Jimmy Rossi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Skies: Jimmy Rossi

We've just confirmed that Jimmy Rossi was killed this morning in his F-86 while departing Santo Domingo following an air show performance there yesterday.

Jimmy's wife confirmed this great loss to the aviation community minutes ago and told us that Jimmy stayed with the airplane during the forced landing as he steered the plane away from people on the ground.

Our sincere condolances to Jimmy's family and friends.

Wayne Sagar

The photo below is of Jimmy flying his "Crapshooter" F-86 at Sun-n-Fun 2002
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

I just wanted to add a bit to the earlier post.

I spoke with Jimmy Rossi's wife rather accidently this evening before posting the message about the loss of Jimmy.

Rather accidently, as I did not want to bother the family, but when I called the number at the website for Jimmy, unknown to me, it was the number for Jimmy's residence and I did reach his wife.

I'd like to say that she was handling it well and she said that he had always said that he did not want to go out as an "old man in bed" "he went doing what he loved" is what she said to me.

I guess, that is all any of us can ask for.

God bless Jimmy Rossi and his family.

Wayne Sagar
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

There have been several news reports on this crash, most were very bad, including misspelling. This one is fairly well done.

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
      X