Precious Metal Tach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Precious Metal Tach

Greetings---- Precious Metal Air Racing team is in dire need of an operational US Air Force model C-11 tachometer. Both tacks on their airplane are down as of yesterday's flight. The aircraft is ready for the return flight to Florida' but the tach is going out and is not expected to last the trip, so it's a red X as a fully operational tach is really necessary.

Please feel free to
    contact me at racersedge@sparksnevada.net if you have any information as to an operational tachometer. BUT please me a phone number so I can contact you in return.

Also, for urgent notification, we can have Ron check in with RARA.
    Leave a message with Anita at 1-775-972-6663 if you have an operational C-11 tach..

Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!! We need to get Ron back home. It will be snowing by the end of the week...

Thanks Wayne.

Mike Gallagher
    racersedge@sparksnevada.net
    MG

I may be off base

I looked on the Web for a c-11 tach and found one at bjwarbirds from a p-40 and one at warbird-part.com listed for p51 a and b, 55 and 80 bucks and working they say.
    are you looking for something local, reno, carson? both of the above are in FL.
    ECVSteve
    E Clampus Vitus SST #1827, #1850
    Reno Fan since around "82"

Comment

Precious Metal

Hi Steve,,

I'm heading back to Stead right now. Will give to Ron when i get back out there. Also, Dave Berry has gone back Florida already. He may know about those or others, But will let him know anyway.. Thanks MG
      MG

Comment

Precious Metal

Thanks to everyone who volunteered any info regarding a tach for Ron Buccarelli and P.M. But John Parker at American Air Racing just happened to have one on hand (and it worked), so that was installed and Ron left for Florida at 1107am. Kinda hated to see him leave after all this time, but in about 2 days from now there will snow on the ground here, so he needed to leave NOW..
        Thanks again to everyone. Mike Gallagher
        MG

Comment

Anything for our birds

Hey it's the least I can do, after all he does for my adrenaline rush once a year.

Have a good ride home.
          ECVSteve
          E Clampus Vitus SST #1827, #1850
          Reno Fan since around "82"

Comment

Working...
          X