Nellis Show Noticed In National Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nellis Show Noticed In National Press

Picked up by AP in the Reno Gazette Journal, the Nellis Air Show, "Aviation Nation 2002" gets noticed!

Any notice for airshows and particularly, Air Racing within those shows is a very very good thing!

Wayne Sagar
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Just courious

What lense was this taken with?

Comment

Re: Just courious

Originally posted by T. Adams
      What lense was this taken with?
      It was taken with the Nikon D1 Digital SLR with a Sigma 50-500 zoom on it.. I'd have to go back to the original file and see what setting I was at to tell you were I was on the zoom scale, likely somewhat less than 500 tho..

There is little cropping done, it was almost full frame but there is a little trickery going on with the left side of the image.. can you spot it?

Wayne Sagar

**update via edit**

I was all the way out at 500 mm shot at 1/400th..
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Shot

Wayne,

Nice shot, man. Really cool. You mentioned something about the left side of the image. The rudder's trailing edge doesn't quite look right. Is that it?

Scotty G
        Scotty G

Comment

Re: Shot

Originally posted by Scotty G
          Wayne,

Nice shot, man. Really cool. You mentioned something about the left side of the image. The rudder's trailing edge doesn't quite look right. Is that it?

Scotty G
          LOL.. yep.. this was really an "almost" shot also.. I missed the frame by about 6" of the rudder... I did a "quick clone" job and cloned about a foot of space on the left side of the image.... had to "recreate" the rudder a bit to make it work.. just playing around a bit.. <g>

1/400th leaves quite a bit of prop blur if there is any angle to the shot, side on, it seems quite able to almost stop the action.. I hate to shoot that fast but if I'm not having a steady day, I almost have to.. one of the bad things about getting older.. our hands are not quite as steady as when we're younger.. grrrr!

51 and counting down....

Thanks!

Wayne
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I was thinking cloning. I have read some on this lense. Seems like a nice piece. I'm hoping to be there next year with the Canon 100-400 L series and my 1.4 EXII on it. My 300 f/4L with the 1.4 got me close this year, but I always want to be closer. Plus the 100-400 has the image stabilzer to quiet those old shakey hands.

Comment

Ya.. I wish I could afford the stabilized lenses.. nada tho.. The Sigma 50-500 is a great lens for the buck though.

Ahh caught me on the cloning thing <g> I could have done it very carefully and you'd never be able to tell but left this one looking pretty rough to see if I could get a rise out of anyone. The shot was sooo good other than the fact that 6" of rudder was cut off.. <grrrr> so I figgered.. "what ta heck" <g>

Amazing what you can do with cloning!

Wayne Sagar
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Just saw U-Haul truck with the roll up door advertising Nevada as "Home of the National Championship Air Races" One side was blocked from my view, but there was a P-38 on the other side.

Nice to see a reminder of the races while driving home in the Arkansas rain.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin L.
                  Just saw U-Haul truck with the roll up door advertising Nevada as "Home of the National Championship Air Races" One side was blocked from my view, but there was a P-38 on the other side.

Nice to see a reminder of the races while driving home in the Arkansas rain.

Kevin
                  Kevin, I saw a U-Haul with that same logo on it down in Klamath Falls, Oregon when I moved there almost two years ago. It is refreshing to know that there is that sort of notice out there. Makes me wonder... if a team or RARA approached U-Haul... would they be interested in supporting the sport ?

I continue to wonder about Air Racing.. do we not get the sponsorship because it's a "one venue" sport and not worthy of the "bigs" or... do we not get the sponsors because a really savvy marketer has not taken the bull by the horns and gotten to the money guys in the right way at the right time?

Important to remember.. Large companies set their ad budgets at a time of year well before Reno and I wonder if "we" ever get to them before they've committed to the "Madision Ave" guys?

Remains to be seen if that marketer, if he/she exists, can step up to the plate and make it happen!!!

Wayne Sagar
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I would have to say that this is the most outstanding picture I have ever seen in my life. Who is that good looking guy in that beautiful airplane?

Comment

Sweet!!

Most excellent job!! Awesome picture, Wayne, couldn't have done better myself!

Oh, about that pilot...heard he is a "hottie" ...too bad he doesn't have a Griffon power plant!

-GriffonGirl

Comment

Working...
                      X