Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy intro plus vintage (1982) video

Greetings!

I'm a long time lurker and air race enthusiast. It has been too long since I've been to the races, but the daily discussion here makes my missing them sting a lot less.

I ran across these on youtube recently; apologies if they've been posted, but I was unable to find them here. The poster describes the races as 1981, but the presence of the Bud Light Super Corsair dates them at 1982 at the earliest:

Reno1982 pt. 1

Reno 1982 pt. 2

Re: New guy intro plus vintage (1982) video

Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the vids....Dago without kelp!!
    Red
    chanting...400+

Comment

Welcome!
      Kathleen

Comment

Welcome and thanks for the video links!
        Tony

Comment

Originally posted by 88SC
          Greetings!

I'm a long time lurker and air race enthusiast. It has been too long since I've been to the races, but the daily discussion here makes my missing them sting a lot less.

I ran across these on youtube recently; apologies if they've been posted, but I was unable to find them here. The poster describes the races as 1981, but the presence of the Bud Light Super Corsair dates them at 1982 at the earliest:

Reno1982 pt. 1

Reno 1982 pt. 2
          Yes, definitely '82. Dago's debut (and first Gold win) with Ron Hevle at the helm,( looking way to cool in his flight suit and Ray Bans by the way LOL) along with the debut of the Super Corsair. It's great to see some legendary planes and pilots, such as the P-51b "Shangri La" with Skip Holm at the stick, who was also flying the two time defending champion #69 "Jeannie" after taking over flying duties from the late Roy "Mac" Mclain the previous year, Marvin "Lefty" Gardner and " White Lightnin' ",Earl Ketchen and #81 "Habu" complete with bright orange team wear, Jim Maloney and #0 "Spam Can", the Corsair Bobs, Bob Yancey and #101 "Ol Blue", and Bob Guilford and #93 "Blue Max", Lloyd Hamilton in #16 "Baby Gorilla", and Ralph Rina and his beautiful AT-6 "Miss Everything" just to name a few. Notice how little restrictions there are on the ramp? Great stuff to see, thanks for sharing!
          Last edited by t-dub; 08-24-2008, 02:56 PM.
          "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Working...
          X