Griffon Girl Reno 2002 Shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griffon Girl Reno 2002 Shots

We're obviously running waaay behind on image production for this year but as we go along, we decided to put up a few from Griffon Girl's bin..

In the image forum..

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Images

Hi Wayne and Nomers -- Great stuff ! I do find that the images are reproduced a bit dark for my computer and monitor. I am curious whether other viewers agree, or is it just me and my monitor. I've been running my Wingman images significantly lighter -- How do all you board denizens find the comparison?

Neal

Comment

Re: Image brightness

Originally posted by wingman
      Hi Wayne and Nomers -- Great stuff ! I do find that the images are reproduced a bit dark for my computer and monitor. I am curious whether other viewers agree, or is it just me and my monitor. I've been running my Wingman images significantly lighter -- How do all you board denizens find the comparison?

Neal
      Hey, Neal -

Naomi's shots look about right to me, and the ones you've posted look a bit bright [all great stuff, though!]. For what it's worth I've looked at them on two monitors, both of which are calibrated using a Colorvision Spyder and software from http://www.colorcal.com.

Based on the feedback I've got from some folks looking at the galleries of images on airrace.org, it seems some people tend to run their monitors a little dark or cold.

One of the reasons I calibrate mine is so that what I see on the monitor resembles what I get when I print, but it also helps keep things consistent when I'm processing images on one computer and end up looking at them later on another.

My 2 cents.

Best,

Mark J.

Comment

Should be interesting to see what others say on this one. I always find your images too light, as we've discussed in the past. Nomers images are a *bit* dark on my monitor but I do it that way because if I make them look completely "right" on mine, they always seem to be too light when viewed in print form or on other monitors..

Monitor calibration is always subjective, the one I'm using now, (Samsung SyncMaster 900 IFT) has a calibration program that comes with it that is supposed to take much of that subjectivity out of the mix with some aids that are placed on the monitor during calibration.. as per that proggy.. I'm pretty close to right on.. It will be interesting to see how this looks to an "average" audience since how people set their monitors is up to their tastes for the most part.

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

twidge

Nice job GG!! They look great and on my monitor just right color saturation/resolution. I work with images a lot including some printing and they look about right from here. Neal your's are coming across just a touch bright on my monitor. Like Wayne said though some of it is subjective.
          Pat

Comment

Brightness

Hi Pat --

Interesting so far -- I have my monitor (a good but rather elderly Panasonic) set for maximum brightness and contrast, and still find everyone else's shots a little dark. Some of this may be personal taste -- In the days when I was doing a lot of black and white my tastes ran to somewhat lighter prints than many of my peers'. I do have a love for really open shadows and bright luminous highlights. I will try to post stuff a little darker and see if people like it that way.

Neal

Comment

Color Monitor calibration devices ? for Mark Johnston

Hi Mark! Noted your post with interest & I was wondering which choice of Colorvision software did you end up going with - the Optical or the Photocal?

I can't decide between the two and am also considering their competitor's calibration spyder/software product: Colorblind/Prove It!, which seems pretty good too. Would appreciate your comments regarding monitor/scanner/printer calibration & profiling. You can email me direct. THANKS! DBD

Comment

Re: Color Monitor calibration devices ? for Mark Johnston

Originally posted by BuckyD
                Hi Mark! Noted your post with interest & I was wondering which choice of Colorvision software did you end up going with - the Optical or the Photocal?

I can't decide between the two and am also considering their competitor's calibration spyder/software product: Colorblind/Prove It!, which seems pretty good too. Would appreciate your comments regarding monitor/scanner/printer calibration & profiling. You can email me direct. THANKS! DBD
                Email comin' your way, Bucky.

Regards,

Mark

Comment

Yay!!

Thank you, very, very much!!! I really liked working with that camera, so I guess I am gonna have to go shopping for a new camera now.

I had some really great opportunities this year and a lot of images came out pretty good. I just hope Wayne doesn't show any of the pictues of the rocks/sagebrush or my feet. *sigh*

Nomer/GriffonGirl

Comment

Working...
                  X