Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bluffman / Lockheed Bob BBQ Saturday/ Fundraiser

Very cool Stuff indeed.
    I got word yesterday that Bluffman also knows how to make a Dacning Queen, dance.
    They finished 2nd in the silver class.
    The neat thing? Monday afternoon I will be taking delivery of the Gold racer Bluffman will be working on for next year.
    He loved the Races and sounded extremely excited on the phone.
    All who contributed to this adventure are to be congratulated and you should all reach over and pat yourselves on the back.
    I'll let him tell you in his own words when he gets back to his 'puter.
    He was and is excited about what is going on in life right now.
    Not only does he know the intricate details of any form of racing machine he loves the hands on of it all. I watched him sanding the wings of Dancing Queen while I did electrical stuff and Gordon built the wheel pants.
    Through the week he ordered parts, put things together and did all the logistical stuff. On weekends when we were all out there he coached and worked on whatever needed to be done.
    Good times had by all.
    Again, You all made a very great week possible for two racing legends.
    Again, Again,
    Cheers
    Roger O'Day

Comment

That was the most fun I've had at the Air Races in many years. Special thanks to Eric B, Bob, Wayne, and everyone else who worked so hard to pull this thing together. First class job!!

Being able to meet legends as we did (and to have my daughters meet them, too) was a real treat. We're livin' the good life here!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigger Al
        That was the most fun I've had at the Air Races in many years. Special thanks to Eric B, Bob, Wayne, and everyone else who worked so hard to pull this thing together. First class job!!

Being able to meet legends as we did (and to have my daughters meet them, too) was a real treat. We're livin' the good life here!!
        Thanks Al,
        A good time was had by all that showed. It was nice to meet you all. Next year I hope more show up. Thanks again to everyone that helped, donated, sold raffle tickes or just came by to say hello. This was a very special Reno for me and my family.

Eric
        Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by ebutner
          Thanks Al,
          A good time was had by all that showed. It was nice to meet you all. Next year I hope more show up. Thanks again to everyone that helped, donated, sold raffle tickes or just came by to say hello. This was a very special Reno for me and my family.

Eric

Likewise. My youngest daughter had her picture taken with Kevin Eldridge (Relentless) and Curt Brown, which was a real treat for both of us. Where else can a person walk right up to astronauts and other aviation luminaries and start conversations?

BTW, your son is one of the most polite kids I've ever met. Be proud, Dad!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigger Al
            Likewise. My youngest daughter had her picture taken with Kevin Eldridge (Relentless) and Curt Brown, which was a real treat for both of us. Where else can a person walk right up to astronauts and other aviation luminaries and start conversations?

BTW, your son is one of the most polite kids I've ever met. Be proud, Dad!!
            I will tell him you said so.... I am a VERY proud Dad, thanks. Sure you are too. I had a blast with everyone! We got kinda cold ridding home. The last hour or so was burrrrrr cold. I hope everyone made it home safly. Thanks again to all. We will do his again and better next year.

Eric
            Cheers

Comment

• Final Update

Though I have not tallied up the entire contributions, we and I mean WE did it! We paid for Lockheed Bob's room and gas money, and we just sent Bluffman Larry a check for his air fare and room!! Special thanks to the IF1 guys for setting him up with a car and expenses!

What a treat the BBQ was! Once tally is complete, we're going to start a kitty for next year's event.. Maybe we can get someone to donate use of a hangar next time...??

I've got pictures, but have not had time to process them yet.. We're planning on a little "feature" about how we did it and the dedication of YOU and I... the RENO AIR RACE FANS! who made this happen!!!

Reach your arms around behind you and give yourselves a big pat on the back, we not only afforded ourselves with the chance to meet and mingle with two great guys, we brought two great guys to Reno who otherwise, would not have been able to be there..

That's pretty damn special if you ask me!!

I'm proud of you guys/gals, really really proud!!

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

It was a TEAM effort all the way, and fun too.

Eric
                Cheers

Comment

And the Queen did dance!

Congratulations to all involved...

Sorry we could not make the Saturday do -- too much going on by that time of week for us to do anything social. Glad everybody had a good time.

I was sorry to miss Larry -- I'm glad for my part in bringing him on to AAFO -- his chronicles have been a great pleasure to me!

Neal

Comment

• Re: Final Update

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                    Though I have not tallied up the entire contributions, we and I mean WE did it! We paid for Lockheed Bob's room and gas money, and we just sent Bluffman Larry a check for his air fare and room!! Special thanks to the IF1 guys for setting him up with a car and expenses!

What a treat the BBQ was! Once tally is complete, we're going to start a kitty for next year's event.. Maybe we can get someone to donate use of a hangar next time...??

I've got pictures, but have not had time to process them yet.. We're planning on a little "feature" about how we did it and the dedication of YOU and I... the RENO AIR RACE FANS! who made this happen!!!

Reach your arms around behind you and give yourselves a big pat on the back, we not only afforded ourselves with the chance to meet and mingle with two great guys, we brought two great guys to Reno who otherwise, would not have been able to be there..

That's pretty damn special if you ask me!!

I'm proud of you guys/gals, really really proud!!

Right back atcha, Big Guy!!

Comment

It was GREAT to finally meet the face behind the website Wayne Sager and another HUGE thanks for all your efforts for the get together barbecue. Also thanks to all other site and website helpers I met there. It was great. Linda really brightened up the evening with her radiant smile and looks!
                      Of course the purpose was to meet Larry and Bob and that was a pleazure and the great stories that were told. 27 minutes in a P38 and second at Cleveland indeed!
                      Thank you all again.
                      Sincerely, Bill Kohler
                      Eugene, OR

Comment

• Unsticking..

Since this event was successful and now is history.. I'm going to "unstick" the thread and let it go down the list....

Special thanks to all who helped make this happen and to Larry and Bob for just being there!

Wayne
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne,

Did we get a grand total of the donations? Would benice to know so that next year we can set the goal even higher! and bring another special guest.

By the way, My dad asked me to say thank you to everyone he met and had a chance to talk to. He enjoyed himself and is looking forward to next years BBQ.

Wayne and Beer Natzi,
                          Thank you for supporting this idea, and I'm sorry I didnt get a chance to say good by. I had an important job in getting Bluffman back to his car.

Thanks again to EVERYONE

Wolfee

PS. were are all those pics... you know the old saying. Without pics it didnt happen..

Comment

Originally posted by wolfee
                            Wayne,

Did we get a grand total of the donations? Would benice to know so that next year we can set the goal even higher! and bring another special guest.

By the way, My dad asked me to say thank you to everyone he met and had a chance to talk to. He enjoyed himself and is looking forward to next years BBQ.

Wayne and Beer Natzi,
                            Thank you for supporting this idea, and I'm sorry I didnt get a chance to say good by. I had an important job in getting Bluffman back to his car.

Thanks again to EVERYONE

Wolfee

PS. were are all those pics... you know the old saying. Without pics it didnt happen..

Tell your Dad that we had a great time talking with him, too! You two were pretty damned funny.

BTW: isn't there supposed to be some sort of write up on the BBQ with pics? I still have yellow spots in my eyes from all of Beer Nazi's flashes going off.

Comment

My dad can be kind of.... brash to the point its embarassing at times, but all in all he is a good guy, and has a great sence of humor. He can tell stories with the best of em, and his memory is... well sharp. He had a stroke almost a year ago and his memory took the brunt of it. Even with that, he is still one of the most inteligent people I know, and i love him

Big all, I will pass that on to him. It will brighten his day.

Thank you

Wolfee

Comment

• Totals, photos, report..

Frankly, I looked at the company checkbook and there was enough to write Lockheed Bob and Bluffman their checks to make them whole. The funds in the account are mixed with calendar sales and I've also paid the most recent calendars sold bill to the producers.. Have not had time to make an accounting of which income goes to which project, just know that we managed to get it done and not much from the company balance, pre accounting, was required to do so..

I'm sure they's some surpluss and will be some to kick-start the 2009 fund raiser/party fund!

Forgive me for not digging into the complexities of PayPal history systems to identify which came from where.. it's pretty clear but my first priorities were to get Lockheed and Bluffman paid, and pay for the calendars sold.. then we can tally up the raffle proceeds into the mix..

Completely off handed guess, we're probably up about 2-300 dollars over gross monies spent (just the gettin them there fund, not to $$ spent on the BBQ, beers, incicentals, etc) the "little" stuff spent will need to be figured out and put against totals brought in..

Bottom line tho.. we did it! Got em here, far as I can tell, no aafo.com company kitty, at least, unrembursed (hadda pay Lockheed Bob's outta pocket initially, Larry's went out after the fact) funds have been sent, though and both men are, as far as I've been told.. "whole" for the week's trip! Something like $1600. total and we probably have a few bux in the kitty leftover!!

Next year's goona carry the spirit of AAFO.COM "Fan Sponsorship'' to ever greater levels. As long as we're here to sheapard it, I'll guarantee, we're gonna make a good thing happen we are!

Wayne Sagar
                                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                                X