Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bluffman / Lockheed Bob BBQ Saturday/ Fundraiser

Paynt-
    To foster international goodwill will try & round up chairs for you and your buddies also.
    Eric- Will pick up a couple of potato & macaroni salad, I have a large cooler I can pack them in ice.
    Russ
    Knotty Girl Crew

Comment

Some how I had the idea that the church we were going tohave this at is the same church the scouts have the pancake brakefast in.

the pick of that church, dont look right in my mind. It could be the fact that ishas been 7 years sense I have been there. But I dont think so.

LOL I could just see me going to the wrong place with a load of plates and plastic forkes, and waiting all nightfor peeps to show up.

Can we get a physical addi for the church so I can load it into my GPS unit, and not be the fool.

Thanks

Wolfee

Comment

Wolfee,
        LOL Your so right, dont know why I missed posting the address.
        Must have been the out of town work for the last 2 months.
        Thanks for asking

14075 Mount Vida St
        Reno, NV 89506
        (775) 972-7462

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by 3dWrightBrother
          Paynt-
          To foster international goodwill will try & round up chairs for you and your buddies also.
          Eric- Will pick up a couple of potato & macaroni salad, I have a large cooler I can pack them in ice.
          Russ
          Nice, my wife is making some potato salad as well. This is only her second air race and she thinks I'm nutters for doing al this. She my be correct, but sane people are boring. I just want to have a good time and meet everyone I can. See you at the BBQ!

Eric
          Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by ebutner
            Nice, my wife is making some potato salad as well. This is only her second air race and she thinks I'm nutters for doing al this. She my be correct, but sane people are boring. I just want to have a good time and meet everyone I can. See you at the BBQ!

Eric
            I will drink to that!!!!!!!!!
            My wife thinks i am crazy also, lol
            I leave at 4am, will be there at 530 and camp set up by 630. There is no way I will miss the early morning wake up. THere is nothing better than a plan all wound up, while you take your first sip of coffee.

Dam, its gonna be along nite. Bet I dont sleep, lol
            Bob

Comment

lol, thank goodness my mind wasnt playing tricks with me.

Thanks for the addi Bob, now I wont be standing in the wrong church parking lot come Saturday

We head out Thursday at 12:00 noon. Friday is a fun filled day with the family seeing friends, whats new around town (alot can change in 7 years). Satuday will be my first day at the show, I will be in section 3 with my orange shirt (hope it fits still ).

My dad just confirmed he will be at the dinner Saterday night with me. I hope he has fun and sees some familure faces.

Thanks again Bob.

Wolfee

Comment

hey guys thanks for all the info me and the wife will be leaving billings MT thur 1:30 pm man I cant wait hope to make it to the gathering and meet some of you folks dont know what to bring but will think of something cell # 406-860-6531
                Last edited by MT mechanic; 09-10-2008, 06:49 PM.

Comment

I would like to attend, do I need to RSVP by pm, or email? Just show up?

Comment

Originally posted by MT mechanic
                    hey guys thanks for all the info me and the wife will be leaving billings MT thur 1:30 pm man I cant wait hope to make it to the gathering and meet some of you folks dont know what to bring but will think of something cell # 406-860-6531
                    Bring yourselves, yor chairs, and maybe beer. I only have 5 cases and tha wont last for long...LOL My contact info/cell 760.920.0009

Eric
                    Cheers

Comment

• Re: Bluffman / Lockheed Bob BBQ Saturday/ Fundraiser

Originally posted by HiredBitSlinger
                      I would like to attend, do I need to RSVP by pm, or email? Just show up?
                      Just show up. Looking forward to this.

Eric
                      Last edited by ebutner; 09-11-2008, 08:03 AM.
                      Cheers

Comment

I have the condiments and extra raffle tickets, and if there is anything else you need you can find me in the unlimited pit tomorrow wearing the yellow "information" shirt (NAG docent). I usually don't have access to the internet - just lucky tonight I guess.
                        cya Saturday
                        Rachel

Comment

Can't believe it`is already Fri. (1:10 AM).
                          I have had the distinct pleasure of meeting Bob, Locheed Bob, and Larry.Lockheed Bob is brimming over with stoies, historical and hyterical of racing and racers.
                          Be aware the nights are long and the days are short in Reno.
                          See you in a few hours.
                          Betty

Comment

• Mo Money

Wayne,
                            I tried to put $100 in the til for the guys but none of my three credit cards would go thru. Now I know I'm a pilot and airport bum but I checked my account and all three have money available.
                            I don't know what to say about that, but what I'm gonna do is have Gordon Cole the Crewchief for Dancing Queen put up the cash to you and I'll give him the money when they get back.
                            I want to help but Paypal says no. So that's what I'm going to do.
                            Have a great BBQ and maybe we'll meet sometime.
                            This silly little reply to a post really turned into a big deal and I think it's great you and the others got this together.
                            Have a great time. Wish I could be there.
                            Cheers
                            Roger O'Day

Comment

Update.
                              As of this afternoon Dancing Queen the F-1 Larry has been working on is doing great. They qualified in the silver at 212.811 MPH.
                              they finished Heat 2B in 5th at 203.468 MPH.
                              Them crop dusters.
                              Anyway just wanted to let those who can't be there how things are going.
                              I interrupted the teams dinner with a phone call. I'll get more after they are done.
                              I'll post more but word is they are feeling great about the plane and race.
                              I'll try to get more about the BBQ Sunday.
                              Roger O'Day

Comment

• Re: Mo Money

Originally posted by Flyer57
                                Wayne,
                                I tried to put $100 in the til for the guys but none of my three credit cards would go thru. Now I know I'm a pilot and airport bum but I checked my account and all three have money available.
                                I don't know what to say about that, but what I'm gonna do is have Gordon Cole the Crewchief for Dancing Queen put up the cash to you and I'll give him the money when they get back.
                                I want to help but Paypal says no. So that's what I'm going to do.
                                Have a great BBQ and maybe we'll meet sometime.
                                This silly little reply to a post really turned into a big deal and I think it's great you and the others got this together.
                                Have a great time. Wish I could be there.
                                Cheers
                                I keep pinching myself here at RENO when folks say they have met either of the gentlemen who WE the fans have managed to bring to RENO!!

I'd love to see RARA get into this "program" and bring some of the heroes of the sport who are not huge "celebs" but are, to the race fan, FAR more interesting to interact with and are very accessable to the fans!

Lockheed Bob has been doing Docent duty down at the heritage for NAG and Bluffman has been see here, there and EVERYWHERE!!

Very Very cool stuff, indeed!

THANKS!!

Wayne
                                Wayne Sagar
                                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                                X