TOR DVD at Reno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TOR DVD at Reno

You can't please "experts" when it comes to movies and tv shows. Ask a doctor or paramedic about a medical show that you love and they'll laugh.
    Has anyone seen Seabiscuit? Great movie, won a bunch of awards....They spent tons and tons of money and hired professional jockeys and trainers to make it authentic. As a former race horse trainer and Seabiscuit fan, I had a blast picking it apart. That said, I was really happy to see someone do a movie about such a great horse. Many people had never heard of him or had any real exposure to horse racing. The average person watching the movie would never have noticed what I did.

Fans of just about any sport are such a small population that they have to appeal to the masses when they make any movie. Some shots just can't be made both realistically and safely at the same time.

You just have to be happy that someone is trying to promote your sport, and enjoy the spectacular footage.

I haven't seen any part of the movie yet, and am still looking forward to it.

cheers!
    Rachel

Comment

Got mine in the mail today, will watch it this weekend and will report after. Rad

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar

I doubt it really. Even "Days of Thunder" which was really, in truth, not a bad movie, well produced, acting was typical "hollywood" but it had names and had all the full support of Hollywood marketing and made them money... EVEN if those guys did a TOR type movie, the movie sold well, had international interest and brought fans to fill the seats at RENO and maybe down the road, other venues... We'd still trash it...

As did NASCAR (dare I say) geeks.....err, die hard NASCAR fans.

Comment

I have never met Wayne but I think he must be a very polite, charitable, and nice person. I think the Fargo crowd must have been polite too. I do hope anyone who invested in this movie didn't get hurt too bad. I do not regret giving them MY $20 and will frame it and put it on the wall.
          I suggest everyone buy a copy.

I try and look at this movie through the eyes of a non-race fan as well as a race fan. I think the screen play doesnt work either way and the acting suffers. There is real drama at Reno, like when a plane blows its engine and crews work all night to put in a new one and get a doner prop off a plane that must be flow in, then qualify with minutes to spare.
          Or when a throttle sticks wide open....I think the only thing one could do now with the footage would be to make a great short film, without commentary, using the aerial footage and show it at the theater before the main feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote Chris
            I have never met Wayne but I think he must be a very polite, charitable, and nice person.

I resemble that remark....

Most of the time...

Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar

I resemble that remark....

Most of the time...

Yeah right.... he he he
              Cheers

Comment

Look at the bigger picture. If the producers can sell enough copies, and generate some interest in the sport. Then maybe it will be just a little bit easier to generate some interest from major sponsors for the races and individual teams.

I just ordered my copy and I'll probably watch it a thousand times even if it's just for the flying scenes. Everything I've seen so far looks spectacular! Hollywood has always had a bad habit of ruining good flying movies by throwing plots and love stories in there anyway! Seriously, I applaude the producers for making this movie, and for their hard work!

Race 29
                Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Well I just watched my copy and while I must admit that the story line and the acting leave a lot to be desired, seeing and hearing the aircraft make up for the bad acting. It is just the thing a guy needs to give himself a Reno high and get all exited all over again. For the same price as a t-shirt ( good one ) it will get the equivilant if not more use. I liked the tribute to Mr Beck at the end. Rad

Comment

Ordered it 3 days ago, got it last night
                    Ken

Comment

I have never met Wayne but I think he must be a very polite, charitable, and nice person.
                      WOW! You really have never met him!
                      I actually look forward to it just for the race scenes. Heck, one of my favorite movies is "Cloud Dancer" and if you can stand the wooden acting and bad lines in that one, the flying is top-notch.As far as picking it apart, my son and I are banned from watching anything aviation based with the wife.
                      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Just like KENSANTEFE, I ordered mine just a couple days ago, and I got it today. Really pretty quick! The Wife and I are going to watch it tomorrow night. Anything I can do to get her to shut the hell up for five minutes will work, might as well be something I'll enjoy watching!! I told her it was a love story, but we all know the truth here! I think when we watched Pearl Harbour, it was pretty much the quietest time in my life. Thank God for Ben Affleck!

Race 29
                        Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Originally posted by Race 29
                          Just like KENSANTEFE, I ordered mine just a couple days ago, and I got it today. Really pretty quick! The Wife and I are going to watch it tomorrow night. Anything I can do to get her to shut the hell up for five minutes will work, might as well be something I'll enjoy watching!! I told her it was a love story, but we all know the truth here! I think when we watched Pearl Harbour, it was pretty much the quietest time in my life. Thank God for Ben Affleck!
                          AIDS ALERT!!! AIDS ALERT!!! (AIDS=Aviation Induced Divorce Syndrome)

Comment

Thank God for Ben Affleck
                            Those words just simply do not belong together. The balance of the universe has been upset.
                            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Anybody that has their copy, I have a question:

Did they include any of the miles of "making-of" footage we shot?

Supposedly there was going to be extensive special features including the blooper reel...

I hope so as some of it was priceless.

Nope, I ain't seen it yet.

I'm going to Reno, so I can save on shipping...
                              Jerry Beck II
                              Director of Photography
                              1st. Asst. Director
                              Thunder Over Reno

Comment

Originally posted by TOR_DP
                                Anybody that has their copy, I have a question:

Did they include any of the miles of "making-of" footage we shot?..
                                Dissapointingly... did not see any...

There was a special flying only DVD out there but not sure of the status at this time..

Too bad tho... I'd have liked to see the normal "features" section on there with all the goods.. including the narration by director/s! Would have made it a ton better for a lot of us!

Mitch... reading this?? Remember the special edition we talked about at OSH??? PLEASE!!!!????

Wayne Sagar
                                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                                X